Engineering Manager at Newfront Insurance
About the role
What is Newfront:
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Backed by the world's leading investors, Newfront is building the modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. Through automation and artificial intelligence, we eliminate paperwork and pay brokers a higher split of their commission revenue. We represent a paradigm shift in the industry and career path for tens of thousands of brokers.
Newfront believes in empowering people rather than ‘disrupting’ them. In applying this belief, we’ve taken off like a rocket, seeing exponential growth across all key metrics.
As an engineer at Newfront, you will have opportunities to build features across the platform from client-facing web portals, workflow systems, natural language processing and document parsing, integrations with disparate third party systems, data modeling, document generation, and more. There are tons of meaty problems to solve that directly impact the lives of the many insurance professionals and clients under the Newfront umbrella.
- 🎥 To learn more about the technology we're building, watch our video Engineering at Newfront
- 🚀 To learn more about our mission and values, check out our Careers Page or Key Values
- 💰 To learn more about our funding, check out this Forbes article
Who we're looking for:
- You are product-focused and put the user's needs front and center
- You thrive in a collaborative startup environment and prefer ‘done’ to ‘perfect’
- You have a high level of rigor and drive teams to continually improve
- You are able to own engineering projects from start to finish, communicating with all stakeholders
- You are technical and able to be hands-on in the code
Some of the technology we use:
- React frontend with Next.js
- Postgres database
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years engineering management experience
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to write code and move products to completion
- Proven ability to run teams with a high level of rigor, driving engineering best practices
- Experience with the full development lifecycle, supporting features post-launch
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you’re interested in learning more, email our CTO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why you should join Newfront Insurance
Newfront is the modern insurance brokerage bringing the industry into the 21st century.
Backed by the world's leading investors, Newfront is a fast-growing startup modernizing the $274bn commercial insurance industry by supercharging brokers with technology. At our office in San Francisco, you'll have the opportunity to join a talented team of brokers, engineers, and operators, hitting the ground running with a singular focus: to bring an otherwise legacy industry into the 21st century.