Backend Engineer at Notabene
About the role
Notabene is building a platform that enables crypto companies and their users to perform regulatory compliant transactions in a privacy-preserving way. We are mainly focused on solving the new "Travel Rule" regulation, which requires crypto companies share customer data with every blockchain transaction they make.
We build very fast and agile. We are following the "Shape Up" methodology with a 3 week dev cycle + 1 week cool-down. The decision on what to build next is based on our customer needs, but the implementation details are left to development team to decide.
We already have paying customers who are eager to integrate with our platform, and we work closely with them to ensure they have the best possible experience. They integrate with our platform mainly through our API. We also have a front-end dashboard that allows compliance officers to review what is happening in the system.
About the role
We are hiring a backend / devops engineer that will help us build faster and more securely. We have customers in different jurisdictions around the world, so the candidate will also help architect and deploy our platform in different regions. We work mainly with AWS as a cloud provider, but in the future we will use other providers too. For backend development, we use Typescript, Docker and Lambda functions. For storage, we use PostgreSQL.
We are a team with seasoned developers who have worked together before and have more than 20 years of experience. We are a fully remote team, but most of our developers are based in Chile so we are looking for someone with a compatible timezone.
- Experience building backend web services using several languages and frameworks (Typescript/Node.js/Express, Bash)
- Worked with Docker and CI/CD flows
- A strong understanding of the following AWS services: ECS, Lambda, RDS, KMS, CloudFormation, S3, SNS, SES.
- A strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming principles and fluency in at least one Object Oriented language
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (PostgreSQL)
- A mindset for long-term solutions
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things
- Ownership and Accountability. We have a flexible working culture, and expect team members to effectively manage their own time and resources.
- Managed a large scale monolith server
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with blockchain and cryptocurrencies in general
- Experience building resilient, scalable services
- A history of contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- Enjoys helping development teams grow
As we look to grow our team, what we really value is adding the right person and not just evaluating a group of skill sets. We are happy to hear your story and also to share ours. If you think Notabene is the company for you and want to start the conversation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Notabene is proud to be an equal employment workplace and an affirmative action employer. By valuing inclusion and diversity of all forms, we strictly prohibit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Why you should join Notabene
Notabene is a Y Combinator-backed B2B software company that helps cryptocurrency businesses comply with financial regulations.
We bring a trusted data layer to blockchain transactions. Businesses use our software to manage counterparty risk and deliver a best-in-class payment experience to their customers.
We are a key enabler of the crypto ecosystem. Notabene helps crypto businesses grow faster by removing regulatory complexity and adding transparency and ease to their transaction flows.
We’re at a very exciting moment in our Notabene journey. We are growing fast—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape the future rails of the crypto industry!
We’re a team of diverse talent who dream big and are passionate about bringing crypto to everyone. Ready to build with us? Since 2012, our team has led blockchain and identity projects and has a successful track record in building and scaling companies, including crypto exchanges. We are a fully distributed international team spanning 8 countries and 3 continents.