Lab Operations Analyst at nplex biosciences
About the role
We are looking for a Lab Operations Analyst!
As a Lab Operations Analyst at nplex, you will be performing large-scale assays that measure complex analytes. You will design and execute large-scale proteomic campaigns for our customers, as well as for our internal R&D team. You’ll be an integral part of our efforts to "scale n" by on-boarding protein targets on our platform that serve as fit-for-purpose proteomic assays. The role will involve substantial bench work and lab management. Together with our team of technologists and scientists, you will be expected to plan and execute assays with well-thought-out experimental plans.
Please apply if you’d like to:
● Work on a project with a strong mission – this isn’t marketing flash; we developed our technology to better measure biology and discover markers for early detection of diseases. If we’re successful, we can literally eradicate certain diseases by diagnosing them earlier;
● Develop a cutting-edge technology into a market-ready product, and play a key role in building a next-generation proteomics laboratory from the ground up;
● Work closely with leading scientists to enable the discovery of better molecules faster and cheaper.
What you will be doing:
● Assist us in building a next-generation proteomics laboratory from the ground up!
● Perform large-scale assays that measure complex, blood-based analytes.
● Evaluate and incorporate our newest molecular technologies into our analytical workflow.
● Assist our R&D scientists and engineers to convert the assays into automated, clinical-grade assays.
● Lead and manage equipment maintenance and reagent organization efforts to maintain efficient laboratory workflows.
● QC/QA of samples, reagents, assays.
What we’re looking for:
● 3+ years of wet lab experience.
● Bachelors or Masters in a Biology-related field or equivalent experience.
● Knowledge of techniques in a biotechnology discipline, e.g. ELISA, protein expression/purification, SDS-PAGE/western blot, cell culture, cytometry.
● Proficiency in proteomic tools and methods, e.g. mass spectrometry, immunoassays, and/or separation-based techniques.
● Experience working closely within a scientific team;
● Experience executing large-scale scientific studies and handling clinical samples;
Nice to haves:
● Working in a CLIA and/or CAP certified laboratory & Quality Management System.
● Experience interacting with a Laboratory Information Management Systems.
Why you should join nplex biosciences
nplex is doing for protein profiling, what Illumina did for DNA sequencing. Our core technology, the nELISA, is a next-gen immunoassay platform that transforms the ELISA into a high-throughput, high-content, and high-versatility tool.
Today we developed the nELISA for high-throughput drug discovery scientists, enabling them profile 100s of proteins at 10x higher throughput and 10x lower cost compared to existing solutions. We're offering the nELISA through early access programs to HTS groups in top pharmas as well as pioneering biotechs in the space.
Our goal is to create a ubiquitous technology that consolidates the broad range of legacy immunoassay toolkits that scientists use today with a single platform that can carry the science end-to-end, from discovery all the way to the clinic.
We're a team of engineers, biologists, and highly-skilled lab operators that are looking to grow quickly to keep up with customer demand but also to continue developing our core technology, scale our multiplexing/throughput, and build our software stack. We're hiring on a number of positions including engineering, software, biology, and ops. Come talk to us!