Data Scientist at Odeko
About the role
Who We Are:
Here at Odeko, we believe that humans achieve more when they control their own destiny. That’s why we’re creating best-in-class solutions that empower small businesses to realize their big dreams -- starting with our mobile ordering app and supply chain management service. With Odeko, coffee shops and cafés can increase their revenue, lower their expenses, and reduce their environmental footprint effortlessly.
We’re a passionate team of dreamers and builders, determined to liberate small businesses from the not-so-fun aspects of the job so that they can focus on what’s fun and important.
Our Data Science Team is dedicated to aggressively applying the scientific method to high velocity technical innovation across the entire spectrum of the company, from business and markets, to predictive systems and hardware for clients and customers. This is not a place to throw spaghetti at walls and "see what sticks", but a place where a deep understanding of statistics, probability, and experiment design allow us to identify, develop, and deploy research and technology at break-neck speeds. We are experts in understanding failure and spend every minute of every day cultivating deeper and stronger abilities to bring ourselves to the edge of it just before catastrophe strikes. Of course we do miss - and so will you, but together we will learn from each crash and use it to push the limits even further.
If you are willing to admit daily that you have more to learn, we are looking for you. If you are dedicated to jumping just as fast to pick up the dirty work as you are the beautiful work, we are looking for you. If you are willing to become dedicated to the scientific process, and not the project, we are looking for you. Join us.
About the role:
We are passionate about our customers, and we rely on an ambitious team that operates within a collaborative environment to deliver on our mission. In this role you will steward the engine behind Odeko - data. Your work will have a company-wide impact across our business and labor forces.
Identify, gather, and leverage data from internal and external sources to drive optimization and improvement of product development and business strategies
Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
Apply the scientific method and discovery processes (including experiment design and hypothesis testing) to the research, design, and construction of solutions such as but not limited to;
- Predictive systems,
- Machine Learning systems,
- Algorithms, Learning / A.I. systems,
- Smart technologies,
- New/Emerging technologies,
- New data resources
Coordinate with different functional teams to implement Data/Data-Science/Data-Science-Technologies and monitor outcomes
Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze Data/Data-Science/Data-Science-Technologies performance and data accuracy
- BS Degree (MS encouraged ) with a specialization in Statistics, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Economics, or other fields where advanced quantitative methods are applied
- 2+ years of professional experience in Data Science, applying advanced statistical methods and machine learning techniques to complex data sources
- 2+ years of professional experience using R or Python at an expert level
- 2+ years of professional experience with data visualization techniques and concepts
- 2+ years of professional experience using relational databases and SQL
If you want to go above and beyond:
- Expert knowledge of additional programming languages (i.e.,Ruby, JS, C#) a plus
- Experience using distributed computing environments a bonus
- Aptitude to learn new methods and tools as required
Odeko is committed to building an inclusive, diverse team. We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to truly grow. If this sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you!
No third-parties please.
Why you should join Odeko
Odeko is building a suite of tools that give small food service businesses the ability to operate at the scale of a global franchise without losing their soul.