Fullstack Senior Engineer at Okay
About the role
- Work with Node, Vue, Typescript, DBT, Postgres, Kubernetes, GCP services and Figma to own and solve problems across the stack
- Build new features that help our customers improve their teams
- Collaborate closely with the team, customers and prospects for effective product discovery and feature development
You May Be Fit For This Role If You
- Are passionate about making the lives of engineering teams more productive and happy with a customer-first approach
- Have ideally 6+ years of experience shipping high-quality products
- Have a growth mindset and are ready to adapt to the rapid pace of a startup
- Can quickly learn, evaluate and stitch together technologies even if you haven’t worked with them before
- Thoughtfully balance product velocity to achieve product market fit with high standards for engineering, security and design best practices
You Might Work On
- Architecting the events API that will allow our users to send any custom events (like local build times) that aren’t available in existing tools
- Implement new dev tool integrations to enable teams to see all their team data in one place
- Design a span analysis feature to enable teams to understand where their development workflows are getting blocked
- Build a flexible alerting platform to help teams to manage and improve any interruptions and blockers
- Extend the data modeling layer to allow customers to connect events across different tools to measure things like end to end latency
Engineer-first: Although our primary users are managers, we make sure that any Okay feature is empowering engineers on their teams. An engineer recently shared this with us: “My manager was showing Okay during one of our regular sync meetings, I was so excited I've been telling everyone I know (who's listened to years of me saying we should build this)”
Actionable: Dashboards and metrics are only useful if they lead to action. Everything we build leads to a specific action to improve your team.
Plug-and-Play: Most of our features are automatically derived from connected tools. We work hard to reduce any extra-tagging, manual categorization or any other form of bean-counting.
Why you should join Okay
Okay builds dashboards for engineering leaders so they can build high-performing teams. We connect with all the tools teams are already using (JIRA, Github, GCal, PagerDuty, etc.) and derive insights on how to deliver projects faster, how to improve quality and how to reduce meetings and interruptions.
Okay was founded in 2019 by experienced engineering leaders (Box, Google, Checkr). We have 10 years of experience running 150+ ppl engineering teams. We are against employee monitoring and instead believe trust, transparency and psychological safety are foundational values. In our experience the best teams have a healthy continuous improvement practice of leveraging the right data to detect and solve their obstacles quickly. Okay is used by companies like Brex, Plaid, Sourcegraph, mParticle, and Sprig. We were in the W20 batch of Y Combinator and Sequoia led our seed round. We are also backed by the co-founders of Box, Plangrid, Coinbase, Instacart and Checkr.
We are going after a 5.7B+ opportunity in the US to enable high-performing and engaged engineering teams