Junior Frontend Developer at Okteto
About the role
We care deeply about building a development experience that developers love. It has to be fast, powerful, but it also has to be easy to understand and easy to use. And this is why we need you: We are looking for a React Front-end Developer to join our team to help us THE development platforms for teams.
- Implement and design the architecture of front-end features and React components.
- Work in parallel with designers to optimize and convert mockups and designs into solid UIs.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to optimize system performance.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to understand our users and analyze feature adoption.
- Interact with our customers to understand their needs and incorporate them into our roadmap.
- Help the team stay up-to-date with new trends in front-end development
- You're comfortable working with a remote team.
- You have experience with state management libraries, preferably Redux
- You have experience with a front-end framework, preferably React.
- You're interested in building better developer experiences.
Good to Have
- You have some experience developing microservices, containers, cloud infrastructure.
- You have experience measuring the impact of a feature.
- Experience contributing to open-source projects.
- Experience with GraphQL. -Experience with Gatsby, Hexo, or other static page generators.
- Work from anywhere.
- Work from home stipend to setup your home office.
Abdul, Iñaki, Jacob, Javier, Melissa, Nacho , Pablo, Ramiro, and Ramon work at Okteto. We all believe that by building the next generation of dev tools, we can unleash teams’ innovation and creativity everywhere. We are a seed-stage startup backed by YCombinator, Root Ventures, Haystack, Uncorrelated Ventures, and other founders and industry leaders.
We are a remote company, and we work from all over the world. For this position, in particular, we are looking for someone based in Europe, preferably Spain (that's where most of our engineering team lives).
Why you should join Okteto
At Okteto, we are working hard at creating the next-generation development experience for teams of all sizes. Have you ever seen how long it takes a developer to set up everything they need before working on a feature? We are fixing that. We want developers to focus on building value for their teams instead of wasting time setting up local environments or trying to debug "production only" issues.