Senior Backend Engineer
About the role
Openbase is currently hiring a Senior Backend Engineer to join our CORE team!
We are looking for seasoned Backend Engineers passionate about developer tools and solving interesting challenges. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will work with a growing team of talented engineers to build a product that helps millions of developers make better open-source choices.
We’re looking for a driven self-starter who is passionate about what we do and thrives in a startup environment.
What you will be doing:
- Develop different product facets and features for Openbase, from infrastructure, through DB models, to high-performance APIs and data collectors.
- Build high-performance and resilient data collectors for package data - from multiple package registries and data sources (including GraphQL and REST APIs) to source code analysis and beyond.
- Work with, extend, and optimize an extensive PostgreSQL database containing billions of data points about millions of open source packages (including information, versions, and community knowledge).
- Develop performant GraphQL APIs with Postgraphile, Node, Express, and sophisticated database queries and optimizations.
- Deploy, optimize, and debug apps on our infrastructure using AWS (EBS, EC2, RDS) and Netlify.
What we’re looking for:
- Min. 5+ years of experience with modern backend development
- Experience building internal APIs for web apps
- Experience writing SQL with large data sets
- Experience working at a Seed or Series-A stage startup
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Experience with modern web infrastructure
- Maintainer of open-source projects or packages
Benefits + Perks:
- You'll solve interesting challenges using best-of-breed technologies, and have a significant impact on the product and roadmap. Competitive benefits package that includes unlimited PTO, comprehensive health & benefits package, wellness offerings, and a potentially life-changing stock options grant.
Why you should join Openbase
Our mission is to help developers choose among millions of open-source packages, so they can build amazing products faster. We were founded in 2019 and are backed by some of the best investors in the industry. We're growing fast, currently serving half a million developers monthly, and are now hiring our 3rd and 4th engineers, as well as our first developer advocate! We offer great startup culture and energy, unparalleled impact and autonomy, and the opportunity to build something that helps millions of developers.