Senior Frontend Engineer at Openbase
About the role
Founded in 2019, backed by Zeev Ventures, Y Combinator, and founders from Netlify, Heroku, Algolia, Twitch, and Yelp; Openbase raised $3.6M in seed funding last year.
Our mission is to help developers choose among millions of open-source packages, enabling them to build amazing products, faster. We are in expansion mode and looking for go-getters with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrive on small, fast-paced teams. You’ll work directly with the CEO, influence the product, roadmap, and culture. Join us on our journey to build a product that improves lives for millions of developers!
We are currently looking for seasoned Frontend engineers to join our core team. The ideal candidate is driven, self-directed, and passionate about developer tools.
What you will be doing:
- Build the frontend for Openbase pages, components, and features - to serve developers with package insights and community features.
- Develop sophisticated and interactive components using TypeScript and React. Work with our award-winning designer to implement beautiful responsive designs using advanced CSS, styled-components, recharts, and more.
- Build great responsive emails with HTML, CSS, and Handlebars. Own parts of the product journey, from feature creation, through deployment, to measuring its impact with analytics.
- Apollo GraphQL Client
- Node.js and Express
What we’re looking for:
- Min. 5+ years of experience with modern frontend development
- Ability to implement complex designs with advanced CSS
- Experience working with APIs to create snappy and interactive apps
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Experience with modern web tooling
- Maintainer of open-source projects or packages
Benefits + Perks:
- You'll solve interesting challenges using best-of-breed technologies, and have a significant impact on the product and roadmap. Competitive benefits package that includes unlimited PTO, comprehensive health & benefits package, wellness offerings, and a potentially life-changing stock options grant.
Why you should join Openbase
Our mission is to help developers choose among millions of open-source packages, so they can build amazing products faster. We were founded in 2019 and are backed by some of the best investors in the industry. We're growing fast, currently serving half a million developers monthly, and are now hiring our 3rd and 4th engineers, as well as our first developer advocate! We offer great startup culture and energy, unparalleled impact and autonomy, and the opportunity to build something that helps millions of developers.