Senior Full Stack Engineer at Openbase
About the role
Founded in 2019, backed by Zeev Ventures, Y Combinator, and founders from Netlify, Heroku, Algolia, Twitch, and Yelp; Openbase raised $3.6M in seed funding last year.
Our mission is to help developers choose among millions of open-source packages, enabling them to build amazing products, faster. We are in expansion mode and looking for go-getters with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrive on small, fast-paced teams. You’ll work directly with the CEO, influence the product, roadmap, and culture. Join us on our journey to build a product that improves lives for millions of developers!
We are currently looking for a seasoned Full stack engineer to join our core team. The ideal candidate is driven, self-directed, and passionate about developer tools.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and own different product facets and features of Openbase. From our PostgreSQL DB to GraphQL APIs, as well as our React-based frontend - from creation to deployment to measurement.
- Work with, extend, and optimize a huge PostgreSQL database containing billions of data points about millions of open source packages. This will include information, versions, and community knowledge.
- Develop performant GraphQL APIs with Postgraphile, Node, and Express alongside sophisticated database queries.
- Build the frontend for some Openbase pages, components, and features with TypeScript, React, GraphQL, styled-components, and advanced CSS.
- Build high-performance and resilient data collectors for package data. This includes multiple package registries and data sources, including GraphQL and REST APIs, source code analysis, and more.
- Apollo GraphQL Client
- Node.js and Express
What we’re looking for:
- Min. 5+ years of experience with modern backend and frontend development
- Experience writing SQL with large data sets
- Experience building and working with APIs to create snappy and interactive apps
- Ability to implement complex designs with advanced CSS
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with strongly-typed languages
- Experience with modern web infrastructure
Benefits + Perks
- You'll solve interesting challenges using best-of-breed technologies, and have a significant impact on the product and roadmap. Competitive benefits package that includes unlimited PTO, comprehensive health & benefits package, wellness offerings, and a potentially life-changing stock options grant.
Why you should join Openbase
Our mission is to help developers choose among millions of open-source packages, so they can build amazing products faster. We were founded in 2019 and are backed by some of the best investors in the industry. We're growing fast, currently serving half a million developers monthly, and are now hiring our 3rd and 4th engineers, as well as our first developer advocate! We offer great startup culture and energy, unparalleled impact and autonomy, and the opportunity to build something that helps millions of developers.