Developer Advocate at Openbase
About the role
Founded in 2019, backed by Zeev Ventures, Y Combinator, and founders from Netlify, Heroku, Algolia, Twitch, and Yelp; Openbase raised $3.6M in seed funding last year.
Our mission is to help developers choose among millions of open-source packages, enabling them to build amazing products, faster. We are in expansion mode and looking for go-getters with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrive on small, fast-paced teams. You’ll work directly with the CEO, influence the product, roadmap, and culture. Join us on our journey to build a product that improves lives for millions of developers!
As our first Developer Advocate, you will report directly to the CEO and assist us in generating more engagement within the developer community. You’ll communicate with hundreds of developers, users, and non-users, to understand their pain points and inform our product roadmap. Grow the community, build programs, create amazing content to educate developers, encourage users to become ambassadors, and raise awareness of Openbase across multiple channels.
We’re looking for a driven self-starter who is passionate about what we do, thrives in a startup environment, loves communicating with developers, and has a proven track record of mobilizing them.
What you will be doing:
- Connect with hundreds of developers to better understand any pain points they have with the Openbase product as well as the world of open-source libraries.
- Produce amazing technical content to attract and educate: blog posts, guides, newsletter, tutorials, videos, and documentation within Openbase.
- Find and create opportunities to spread awareness about Openbase: podcasts, interviews, guest posts, events, meetups, office hours, parties, contests, and more. Be our spokesperson.
- Monitor platforms such as StackOverflow, GitHub, Reddit, and Twitter: educate developers looking for packages or package data on the capabilities of Openbase and how it can assist them.
- Engage the developer community through all our social media channels - create a thriving community with thousands of followers.
- Generate fresh ideas that effectively increase Openbase adoption within the developer community. Rank, test, and execute on these ideas.
- Build community programs that will empower other people to spread the word about Openbase.
- Work with internal teams to present your findings: driving our priorities, product, messaging, and marketing plan.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated experience engaging and mobilizing developers, either within a startup, or via clubs, meetups, or other communities.
- Passionate about educating and mentoring developers
- Empathy and a proven ability to listen to people’s needs and pain points
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
- Additional development experience in other programming languages
- Highly active in developer communities: StackOverflow, GitHub, DEV, Reddit, Twitter, etc.
- Published technical content such as articles, guides, tutorials, and videos
- Currently maintaining or contributing to an open-source project
Benefits + Perks You'll have a significant impact on the product and roadmap. Competitive benefits package that includes unlimited PTO, full medical coverage with the option to choose from a range of PPO and HMO plans, and a potentially life-changing stock options grant.
Why you should join Openbase
Our mission is to help developers choose among millions of open-source packages, so they can build amazing products faster. We were founded in 2019 and are backed by some of the best investors in the industry. We're growing fast, currently serving half a million developers monthly, and are now hiring our 3rd and 4th engineers, as well as our first developer advocate! We offer great startup culture and energy, unparalleled impact and autonomy, and the opportunity to build something that helps millions of developers.