Growth Marketer at OpenPhone
About the role
Are you passionate about helping millions of small businesses communicate better?
Are you a metrics-driven growth marketer who can think both in the long-term / short-term and aren't afraid to be curious and take risks?
OpenPhone is building a business phone that people really want to use. We're a plucky startup challenging stodgy incumbents with a new kind of business phone that is simple and delightful to use, and we need to get it in the hands of more people.
As our first Growth Marketer, you'll play a key role in shaping and driving our strategy at OpenPhone to accelerate team acquisition and engagement.
Here are some things you’ll do:
- Design and execute experiments to constantly improve lead acquisition and activation performance
- Tracking things that would help us better understand our end to end marketing
- Understand drop offs in the funnel and apply experiments to close the gap
- Own the ideation, strategy, and creation of the experiment roadmap, while also building a leading a culture of growth within OpenPhone
- Turn winning experiments and learnings into scaled, repeatable processes throughout the product
- Develop roadmaps for: channel optimization, creative testing, landing page optimization, and audience expansion across channels to ensure performance targets are met
- Experiment with new platforms and tools as necessary and advise on adoption
- 5+ plus years of experience in various subject areas of digital marketing ie. - SEO, search marketing, content, display & video, social marketing, email, web, and mobile
- Designing experiments such as A/B tests or multivariate tests with a proven track record of success
- Creating content for landing pages, email onboarding, or blog posts
- General understanding of SaaS economics such as LTV, CAC, payback period, etc.
- The ability to present compelling business cases to stakeholders
- The ability to influence cross-functional teams and champion new concepts and ideas
- Strong analytical skills to deliver insights to improve performance
- A passion for analytics and experience with the tools/resources used to measure success (Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Ahrefs, BuzzSumo, sentiment monitoring tools, etc.)
- Knowledge of effective copywriting
- An experimental mindset, a desire to learn, and a willingness to try new things
- Bonus: Proficiency in SQL
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We're serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We're a distributed team working from San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Phoenix, and Sydney.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you should join OpenPhone
OpenPhone is on the mission to build the world's best calling and messaging app for professionals and businesses. With over 10,000 paying customers already, we are aiming to be the #1 communications app for the 130 million professionals in North America.
Our founders are previous engineers and product managers at companies that have built software for over half a million businesses. We are backed by the industry’s best venture firms including Y Combinator, Slow Ventures, and Garage Capital, with an amazing list of advisors from Asana, Facebook, Google, and more.