Customer Experience Representative at OpenPhone
About the role
Do you love helping customers? Do you thrive in autonomous, fast-paced environments? Do you want to make a major impact at a high-growth startup?
As the Customer Experience Representative at OpenPhone, you’ll represent the voice of the customer to our product team and play a key role in the development of our best in class customer service. Alongside your team, you will assist hundreds of customers weekly, making sure they get the most out of using OpenPhone by answering any questions and troubleshooting technical issues.
You'll also collect product insights to help the engineering and design teams create the best product for our users. Here is a post about how we do it if you're curious. While your core responsibilities revolve around helping customers, you'll also work on projects to design and scale our customer experience team.
Here are some things you’ll do
- Support OpenPhone customers and prospects by answering questions via email, phone, and text (using OpenPhone, of course)
- Troubleshoot product issues and communicate with the engineering team to quickly resolve them
- Identify operational inefficiencies and recommend process improvements
- Turn customer questions into useful content - articles, how-to videos, saved replies, etc
- Translate customer needs and feature requests into recommendations for our product team
- Identify potential high growth accounts and sales opportunities and hand them off to our customer success team
- Create and update internal customer support documentation as needed
- We're hiring for a range of experience. Preferably, you have 1-3 years of professional experience. (Prior work experience at a startup is a plus!)
- You have a Bachelor Degree or something you feel is equivalent
- You’ve demonstrated skills and passion for handling customer questions and issues resourcefully and with empathy
- You have exceptional writing skills (bonus points for a good sense of humor - telecommunications shouldn't be boring 🤘)
- You are a great communicator and have attention to detail
- You can troubleshoot technical issues and are not afraid to get into the nitty-gritty
- You are excited about being a part of an early-stage company and want to build alongside a team of passionate people
- You're excited to continually improve and grow your skill-set, both inside the current role and grow beyond it
- While you can be based anywhere in the world, most of our customers are in the US & Canada. We're looking for someone able to work one of the three schedules:
Sunday - Thursday: 12PM - 8PM PST
Tuesday - Saturday: 12PM - 8PM PST
Saturday - Wednesday: 9AM - 5PM CST, MST, or PST
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We're serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We're a distributed team working from San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Phoenix, and Sydney.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you should join OpenPhone
OpenPhone is on the mission to build the world's best calling and messaging app for professionals and businesses. With over 10,000 paying customers already, we are aiming to be the #1 communications app for the 130 million professionals in North America.
Our founders are previous engineers and product managers at companies that have built software for over half a million businesses. We are backed by the industry’s best venture firms including Y Combinator, Slow Ventures, and Garage Capital, with an amazing list of advisors from Asana, Facebook, Google, and more.