Sr. Mobile Engineer - Android at OpenPhone
About the role
💙 BUILD SOMETHING PEOPLE LOVE
At OpenPhone, building simple, beautiful and delightful experiences is not only our competitive advantage, but a value we hold dear. This philosophy applies to everything we do; from the way we work, to the look and feel of our product, to the infrastructure it’s running on, our email copy, help articles, and everything else.
🔥 HAVE AN IMPACT
We are going after a massive market with a very ambitious goal. As an early member of our team, you will never run out of impactful work to do. You get to own the problem you are solving, make a lot of decisions, and add your own unique flavour to the outcome.
- 3+ years of experience building great Android apps
- Advanced knowledge of Kotlin and Java
- Advanced knowledge of reactive programming
- Enthusiastic about building amazing interactions within the product
👇 IS THIS YOU?
- Experienced: You have 3+ years of experience in your role.
- Love your craft: You love what you do and take pride in the outcome.
- Big thinker: You spend a lot of time daydreaming about ambitious ideas.
- Creative problem solver: You enjoy finding ways to plow through obstacles.
- Product focused: You care about the quality of your work and the product - people use day to day.
- Efficient: You get things done fast and learn quickly.
🌈 WE VALUE DIVERSITY
OpenPhone is an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you should join OpenPhone
OpenPhone is on the mission to build the world's best calling and messaging app for professionals and businesses. With over 10,000 paying customers already, we are aiming to be the #1 communications app for the 130 million professionals in North America.
Our founders are previous engineers and product managers at companies that have built software for over half a million businesses. We are backed by the industry’s best venture firms including Y Combinator, Slow Ventures, and Garage Capital, with an amazing list of advisors from Asana, Facebook, Google, and more.