Lead Recruiter at OpenSea
About the role
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for user-owned digital goods, which include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and other items backed by a blockchain. These digital goods have brand new properties: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. We're building a brand new economy from the ground up based on digital ownership. The team has backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Palantir, Google, Facebook, and Pinterest, funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, Blockstack, and Blockchain Capital.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work.
We're looking for an individual to lead our recruiting efforts at OpenSea. This role involves partnering directly with executives and leadership to own key hires that move the needle for the business, as well as shaping our processes and identifying new sourcing strategies. If you thrive on ownership and working creatively and collaboratively, this is the role for you.
- Partner with leadership on all aspects of the hiring process.
- Be accountable for overall team goals in line with industry benchmarks.
- Measure and cascade recruiting reporting, and make decisions informed by data.
- Strengthen inclusion and diversity initiatives.
- As the company grows, lead, motivate, and mentor a team of recruiters to meet the needs of our ambitious hiring plans across multiple locations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in tech industry recruiting
- Experience building inclusive and diverse teams.
- Proven track record of identifying and closing difficult to attract candidates.
- Deep knowledge across the entire candidate lifecycle, from talent mapping, research, sourcing, interviewing, to closing
- Experience working closely with engineering leadership, or recruiting engineering leadereship
- Track record of building and coaching high performing recruiting teams
- Proven data guided approach to decision making
- Ability to think strategically and proactively
Why you should join OpenSea
We’ve built the first (and largest) peer-to-peer marketplace for crypto assets, which include collectibles, gaming items, digital art, domain names, event tickets, and other assets backed by a blockchain. We're operating in a brand-new market but growing rapidly: we've had over $28 million in trading volume on our site since launch, over 12 million assets listed on our marketplace, 300+ apps using our platform, and we power the crypto asset integration for Coinbase Wallet and Opera.
Our team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, Pinterest, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.