Community Manager at OpenSea
About the role
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for user-owned digital goods, which include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and other items backed by a blockchain. These digital goods have brand new properties: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. We're building a brand new economy from the ground up based on digital ownership. The team has backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Palantir, Google, Facebook, and Pinterest, funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, Blockstack, and Blockchain Capital.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work.
OpenSea is looking for an entrepreneurially-minded individual to act as an evangelist, liaison, and onboarding specialist. Ideally, this individual would be a self-starter with experience using decentralized technologies, combined with some experience in customer success and marketing at an early stage software company.
Note: currently we're only looking for candidates who can work outside of American timezones - Europe, Africa, and Asia
Roles and Responsibilities
- Onboard new users and ensure their continued success as NFT traders.
- Maintain and promote a vibrant community culture.
- Synthesize insights from community interactions and surface critical issues to the engineering team.
- Audit new collections and projects applying for more visibility on OpenSea
- Preemptively protect buyers from fakes and responding to reports
- Keep internal and external informational resources up to date in an environment of rapid iteration.
- Contribute ideas and effort to our brand, content, and community strategies.
We're looking for
- Ability to provide support for questions that arrive outside of American timezones (Europe, Africa, and Asia)
- Understanding of and passion for decentralized technology.
- Strong work ethic, hustle, communication, writing ability, and business development sensibility.
- Comfort with semi-technical tasks like using an admin panel and running scripts from the command line or willingness to learn how to do them.
- Deep curiosity, relentless resourcefulness, and a growth mindset.
- Perfect comfort with frequent context switching.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a rapidly shifting landscape.
- Patience for helping out the new and unacquainted!
Nice to haves
- Experience leading a community.
- Marketing experience.
- Experience writing HTML.
- Familiarity with WordPress.
- Deep experience using decentralized technologies.
Why you should join OpenSea
We’ve built the first (and largest) peer-to-peer marketplace for crypto assets, which include collectibles, gaming items, digital art, domain names, event tickets, and other assets backed by a blockchain. We're operating in a brand-new market but growing rapidly: we've had over $28 million in trading volume on our site since launch, over 12 million assets listed on our marketplace, 300+ apps using our platform, and we power the crypto asset integration for Coinbase Wallet and Opera.
Our team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, Pinterest, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.