Engineering Manager at OpenSea
About the role
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for user-owned digital goods, which include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and other items backed by a blockchain. These digital goods have brand new properties: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. We're building a brand new economy from the ground up based on digital ownership. The team has backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Palantir, Google, Facebook, and Pinterest, funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, Blockstack, and Blockchain Capital.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work.
- Define the vision, mission, strategic direction, and roadmap for a team of high-caliber engineers, and be accountable for efficient execution and business impact
- Hire, retain, and grow a super talented team in a fast-paced environment
- 8+ years of industry experience in engineering, preferably at a consumer product company
- Expert-level experience that can be applied to business problems
- Experience with building and deploying web applications in a real product setting with business impact
- Fluent in programming fundamentals
Why you should join OpenSea
We’ve built the first (and largest) peer-to-peer marketplace for crypto assets, which include collectibles, gaming items, digital art, domain names, event tickets, and other assets backed by a blockchain. We're operating in a brand-new market but growing rapidly: we've had over $28 million in trading volume on our site since launch, over 12 million assets listed on our marketplace, 300+ apps using our platform, and we power the crypto asset integration for Coinbase Wallet and Opera.
Our team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, Pinterest, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.