The Microbiology Scientist will work closely with the CTO to build the core experimental platform at the heart of the company’s drug discovery engine. You will design novel, quantitative, functional assays and plan, manage and execute all of the company’s experiments though a decentralized lab. Your work will directly lead to discovery of new therapies and to expand the capacity of the company’s computational discovery platform. You will be the center of microbiology expertise in the company, working closely with clinical and data science teams to develop a new category of therapies.
Who We’re Looking For
- You have a Masters or PhD in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering or a related field and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- You have experience in high throughput microbiology experiments and designing experiments that leverage lab automation tools, and knowledge of culturing methods and quantitative functional assays.
- You have a good understanding of sequencing technologies and bioinformatics methods to characterize and analyze microbial populations.
- You have a deep understanding of the ecological dynamics of different microbiomes and/or expertise in the bacteria that typically lives in and on us.
- You have scientific knowledge of microbiology, human physiology, diseases, signaling pathways, and metabolic pathways.
- You are passionate to see how your preclinical work gets to the clinic in months.
You have a basic understanding of the therapeutics development cycle.
- You are mission driven. You like to see immediate impact on patients, want to have an impact on the team and the company, like to get your hands dirty and are happy to go above and beyond.
- You are flexible and organized. You’re detail oriented and a great planner, value documentation, and enjoy working in a dynamic remote environment.
- You are entrepreneurial and collaborative. You are able to self manage, tackle challenges, and are a great communicator, both verbal and written.
- Good coding skills in Python or knowledge of bioinformatics tools
- Applied and received NIH/NSF grants and have strong scientific writing skills
- Laboratory experience including microbiology technique, microbial culturing, high-throughput assays
Why Join Output Biosciences
By joining Output Biosciences, you’ll help shape the creation of a new category — preventative therapeutics — that will fundamentally change the way people live. You’ll be part of the early team pioneering a new era of drug development with unprecedented safety and speed to market. If you’re impatient to see how your work improves people’s lives and impacts the treatment and prevention of chronic disease, this is the place for you.
- ❤️ Heart: We encourage a sense of ownership. We are building a team of people who care and take pride in their work.
- 📣 Honesty: Tell it as it is, and we’ll deal with it together.
- 🎮 Fun: Life’s too short, we want work to be fun as well.
What We Offer
- We encourage new and different ideas, creativity and contrarian thinking. We are looking forward to further shaping our culture with early team members. You’ll have a chance to make your mark!
- You own your day-to-day management. We don’t care when or where you work, we care if we all hit our milestones.
- Competitive salary and equity in a growing, well-funded startup
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Remote team, work in the way that’s best for you
- Healthy feedback focused environment to help you strive - leadership will have high expectations, regularly share constructive feedback, support you and help you grow, and welcome receiving feedback and ideas from you