Infrastructure Engineering - Lead/Director at Oxygen
About the role
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st century economy - the digital-natives looking for a partner that understands how they live and work - providing a seamless user experience for both personal and business accounts in a way that makes them feel in their element. Available on iOS and Android, Oxygen users enjoy no monthly fees, no paperwork, early direct deposit, simple transfers, and cashback rewards on everyday purchases from approved merchants. Businesses can easily control their finances with integrated expense management and invoicing solutions that are elegant, simple and secure. Reject ordinary. Banking for the extraordinary.
Oxygen is looking for an Infrastructure Engineering Lead to join our growing team and help build our internal infrastructure. This person will be responsible for the development and execution of our internal applications and systems.
Who you are
- You are a leader and comfortable working with minimal supervision, across multiple time zones within a small, fast-paced startup environment
- You love finding creative ways to build new and innovative products
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and get work done at any level
- You are commercial-minded and focused on building company value by streamlining backend processes
- You are organized, analytical, and able to navigate a constantly changing environment
What you will do
- Lead teams in quickly delivering mobile products
- Work with cross functional partners to define and execute on new products
- Provide both technical and product leadership, ensuring high quality in both areas
- Design core, backend software components
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Measure the impact of your team and set clear expectations and goals
- Work effectively with cross functional partners and stakeholders to set and achieve optimal outcomes
- Partner with leadership to influence and drive org design, contribution and prioritization
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of professional software development experience, or 5 years with an advanced degree
- Financial services (Banking) experience a plus
- Experience improving stability through thoughtful code reviews, appropriate testing, proper rollout, monitoring, and proactive changes
- Experience in either C, C++, Java, C# or other relevant coding languages
- Experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience in a corporate or start-up environment
- Experience designing and completing medium to large features independently without guidance
- Experience identifying and driving changes to applications as needed
This is a remote position that can be converted to an office if the candidate would like once offices reopen.
Why you should join Oxygen
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st century economy - providing digital natives, creators and entrepreneurs pushing everyday boundaries a banking partner that understands how they live and work (can cut here is desired) by offering a seamless user experience for both personal and business accounts that makes them feel in their element. Available on iOS and Android, Oxygen users enjoy no monthly fees, early direct deposit, simple transfers, and Cashback rewards on everyday purchases. Businesses can easily control their finances with integrated solutions that are elegant, simple and secure. Reject ordinary. Banking for the Extraordinary.