Technical Program Manager - Security at Oxygen
About the role
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st century economy - the digital-natives looking for a partner that understands how they live and work - providing a seamless user experience for both personal and business accounts in a way that makes them feel in their element. Available on iOS and Android, Oxygen users enjoy no monthly fees, no paperwork, early direct deposit, simple transfers, and cashback rewards on everyday purchases from approved merchants. Businesses can easily control their finances with integrated expense management and invoicing solutions that are elegant, simple and secure. Reject ordinary. Banking for the extraordinary.
Oxygen is looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our growing team and help build out our Security programs. This person will work with the entire Oxygen organization and work closely with the heads of Security, Program Management, Engineering, Risk, Legal, and Compliance to ensure we are operating and building products securely.
This is a remote position that can be converted to an office if the candidate would like once offices reopen.
Who you are
- You are comfortable working with minimal supervision, across multiple time zones within a small, fast-paced startup environment
- You are able to clearly and succinctly communicate both written and verbally to all levels of stakeholders
- You are comfortable and excited about working for a small company and building processes, procedures and internal controls from scratch
- You are commercial-minded and focused on building company value by streamlining backend processes
- You are organized, analytical, and able to navigate a constantly changing environment
- You have a high degree of professional ethics and are confident escalating issues when appropriate
What you will do
- Execute at a high quality bar - Build processes to ensure that timelines, features, and products are delivered in a timely manner and according to specifications.
- Stakeholder Management - Manage expectations for all stakeholders from leadership to individual teams.
- Maintain a high level of communication - Manage timely and succinct communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management.
- Create and build trust - Create an environment of accountability, trust, and knowledge sharing that allows people to be efficient and self-sufficient in the execution of program plans.
- Move with urgency and focus - Balance urgency and priority while moving the needle on multiple initiatives
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years recent experience as a Technical Program Manager. Or 5+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager with 2 years of experience in Program Management
- 5+ years of experience working in a software development organization that builds large-scale distributed systems.
- 3+ years of recent domain experience in Security, InfoSec or Internal Systems
- Knowledge of SQL, JIRA, Confluence, AWS, and Project Management tools
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus. Able to convey concepts and considerations to non-experts and experts alike.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across organizations, bridge gaps between teams, and successfully influence without authority.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details to understand and drive your programs.
- Understanding and application of different types of development (Waterfall, SCRUM etc)
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of impact when changes occur to scope or timeline.
- Experience working in a startup environment desired
Why you should join Oxygen
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st century economy - providing digital natives, creators and entrepreneurs pushing everyday boundaries a banking partner that understands how they live and work (can cut here is desired) by offering a seamless user experience for both personal and business accounts that makes them feel in their element. Available on iOS and Android, Oxygen users enjoy no monthly fees, early direct deposit, simple transfers, and Cashback rewards on everyday purchases. Businesses can easily control their finances with integrated solutions that are elegant, simple and secure. Reject ordinary. Banking for the Extraordinary.