🌳 About the Role
We’re looking for "a big data expert who builds scalable data solutions and manages infra" to join us as one of our first three engineering hires.
🏆 What You’ll Achieve
- Define how data flows through the system and build robust ETL solution from ground up
- Take over infra management and keep our system resilient to spiky traffic
- Lead technical design of our geophysical data platform
- Initiate large scale ML modeling and engineering effort
- Define our engineering culture and best practices
- Collaborate closely with our CTO and CEO and directly impact product roadmap
✨ About You
You are a strong engineer who moves fast while keeping scalability in mind. You will thrive in our culture if you:
- Have a strong bias towards action and prioritize execution above else
- Share our passion to build something that shapes the physical world in a positive way
- Easily handle the unstructured environment of fast moving startups
- Have the hunger to grow together with Paces as we scale up
- Fast-learner: you are proactive and able to pick up new things quickly
- Big data expert: you are comfortable working with lots of data, and experienced with building scalable ETL solutions from scratch
- Familiar with AWS: you are comfortable managing data and infra at scale using AWS tools, such as EC2, ECS, CDK, EventBridge and RDS
🚀 Bonus Points
- Previous experience with ML modeling and engineering
- Previous experience building and deploying on AWS
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup
If you’re a builder who wants to actively construct a more positive climate future, join us! ✨
Paces is software for renewable developers to identify the best places to build their projects.
🛠️ If you’re a builder who wants to actively construct a more climate positive future, join us!
🗺️ We are enabling the climate optimum use for all the world’s land.
🌞 We have paying renewable energy customers and are growing revenue each month.
📢 We raised $1.9M in a pre-seed, led by Resolute Ventures and Y Combinator.