Padlet is building software for a good education. A good education is one that inspires curiosity, creativity, and community. Our software enables that through visual content creation and collaboration in millions of classrooms worldwide.
We’re looking for an exceptional recruiter to join our team in San Francisco. You’d be our first recruiter and you’d have the opportunity to build our talent team, should a leadership role be of interest to you.
The two main objectives for this role are:
We meet our hiring goals while maintaining high standards of talent.
People who apply to work at Padlet, whether or not we hire them, feel respected.
To that end, your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
maintaining the job site
sourcing qualified candidates.
communicating and scheduling with candidates.
maintaining the Applicant Tracking System (Lever).
creating effective interview processes for each role.
conducting reference checks.
You’ll work directly with the CEO and will have access to designers and writers to help you.
- You have really high standards for people you want to work with.
- You have at least one year of experience recruiting for a startup in the Bay Area.
- You can identify talent that’s not obvious to most.
- You can stay on top of your inbox.
- You are familiar with Applicant Tracking Systems.
- You have a good sense of humor.
- You’re allergic to stupid interview questions like “Where do you see yourself in five years?”.
- Every child in the world will grow up with Mickey Mouse and Padlet. That's our vision. We are making the default way of collecting and sharing thoughts on the Internet.
- People love the product.
- We have over 50 million active users making Padlet one of the most used apps on the planet. Our goal is to be THE the most used app on the planet.
- We are venture backed AND profitable. We are built to last one hundred years.
- We are 36 people (plus a baby crane that we've adopted but it doesn't really do much). That's over a million active users per employee. Some badass people work here.
Joys of recruiting at Padlet
- When we say hiring is our top priority, we mean it. We spend time on it. We think about it creatively. Your work will be valued here. You’ll be valued here.
- We run a tight process. The typical candidate gets an offer in under two weeks. We don’t believe in 8 rounds of interviews by 12 people over 16 weeks.
- We’re not big on credentialism. You’ll have the satisfaction of giving non-obvious talent a chance.
- We don’t hire talented assholes.
- We think from first principles. We try new things: e.g. if you’re unemployed, Padlet pays you to interview with us.
Sorrows of recruiting at Padlet
- The place is a bit chaotic. You have to juggle multiple projects. Things come up last minute. Priorities change.
- We are very selective. Your batting average may be low.
Some people you’d be working with
- Aly Dalgetty : Loves animals so much that if stranded on a remote island with other people, would probably kill another human before touching the fauna for food. Helps our members while petting her dog, Rocky.
- Olga Zalite : Her name’s Olga. Her dad’s a nuclear scientist. Her mom’s a classical pianist. Even in literature, there isn’t a more perfect Russian. Our resident illustrator, graphic artist, and sometimes photographer.
- Our office is in the middle of Presidio, a beautiful national park. We’re 5 minutes from the beach, a walk we take often. The WiFi works outdoors. You can work sitting in a lawn overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge.
- The office itself is designed to be a space for all your interests and hobbies. We have a meditation room, game room, library, podcasting studio, art studio, kids room, and full makerspace with 3d printers, presses, laser cutters, sewing machines, and more.
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
- One Medical and Cue memberships for you and your family.
- 401(k) with matching.
- Commuter benefits.
- Good stock options.
- Catered lunches and dinners.
- 20 vacation days. Plus sickness and bereavement days for when life happens.
- All the gadgetry you need, including a new phone every year.
Special time to join
Because we're small, there's a lot of energy. And because we have tremendous traction, your work makes a difference. This combination is rare and quite satisfying.