Group Product Manager, Surveys at Panorama Education
About the role
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the role:
Thousands of K–12 schools use Panorama’s market-leading survey product to gather, understand, and act on regular feedback from students, families, teachers, and staff in order to improve school climate and, ultimately, students’ outcomes. Now, our flagship survey offering is ready to enter its next generation, and we are seeking an innovative, strategic product leader to guide this product’s evolution. You will lead a transformation that will radically improve survey- taking and reporting for our users, and will enable us to continue to scale to meet the needs of our large and growing client base. You will develop a vision for the future of our surveys offering, and lead teams to organize around and execute on that vision as we help this product enter its next exciting phase and enable Panorama to reach ambitious business and student-impact goals.
- Lead a multi-year cross-team and cross-functional transformation to build out a scalable SaaS model for delivery of our Surveys product and evolve its reporting and analytics
- Lead teams to achieve, in partnership with other functions, goals for our survey product’s revenue, client retention, and user engagement
- Manage a small team of Product Managers who work on small cross-functional development teams, supporting them as they identify problems and successfully define and scope solutions, and helping them grow in their careers
- Serve, yourself, as Product Manager on a cross-functional squad, partnering with engineers and designers to scope and build new capabilities for our surveys
- Through user research, listening, and discussion, serve as one of Panorama’s experts in the challenges of and opportunities for improving K–12 education through stakeholder feedback
- Talk with teachers, principals, and district leaders to understand challenges and validatie that our solutions help solve their problems
- Engage team members in other functions and Panorama’s senior leadership, continually sharing our strategy and progress and taking in feedback that helps improve our plans.
- Play a central role in advancing our product management team, processes and systems.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager
- 2+ years of people management experience and a track record of enabling and empowering team members to develop in their careers and successfully hit goals
- Experience leading the development of a product (or other analogous) strategy, starting with effective problem framing and clearly structuring research and analyses to answer key questions and make decisions about a direction to go in
- Experience working cross-functionally at senior levels, gaining alignment and helping other teams achieve goals
- Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly, and inclusively, in a way that generates enthusiasm and invites feedback and engagement; exceptional listening skills
- Interest in solving big problems and helping educators improve student outcomes in innovative ways
- Evidence of strong project management skills: the ability to backwards-map from an outcome to plan the steps to get there, and then successfully convey this plan to others
- A data-driven approach: Demonstrated ability to synthesize internal and external data, customer insights, metrics and multiple perspectives to back up assumptions and inform decision-making for the best outcome
Bonus Points: Experience working in Education, EdTech, B2B SaaS products
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.
Why you should join Panorama Education
Panorama is working to radically improve education for all students. We currently serve 11,000 schools and 10 million students.
Panorama helps educators use data to support each student’s needs, and helps leaders build great schools. The platform helps build students' social-emotional skills and get more students prepared for college, their careers, and life.