Sales Development Representative at Panorama Education
About the role
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role
Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are responsible for strategic outreach to medium and large districts, nationwide. This role is a critical part of the Sales team to expand; awareness of Panorama in the market through cold calls and emails and serve as the first point of contact for prospects. On any given day, SDRs are responsible for meeting a minimum amount of activity volume (50+ activities) and setting meetings for closing sales reps in their assigned territories. This is vital to our work in engaging decision-makers in thoughtful conversations to drive revenue and improve student outcomes. At Panorama, we need teammates who empathize with our clients' challenges and appreciate their limited time by adding insightful and meaningful value to each interaction.
- Complete 50-70 prospecting activities, including cold calls and emails
- Source leads by identifying target accounts with initiatives that align with Panorama’s value
- Engage district leaders and build Panorama champions through warm, tailored prospecting efforts
- Set meetings with prospects and run discovery calls to qualify potential opportunities
- Transition relationships over to closing sales team for in-person and virtual product demonstrations
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 1+ Years in a sales related role
- 2+ years in K12 Education, Cust Service or Fundraising
- Demonstrated experience prospecting
- Ability to persevere through multiple rejections
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with skilled active listening
- Demonstrated ability to steer a conversation by pivoting quickly and overcoming objections
- Track record of exceeding goals in a metrics-driven sales environment
- Experience communicating across a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated responsiveness to feedback
- Experience working in K-12 educational technology, K-12 education, or even better- both!
- Proficiency or expertise in using Salesforce, Outreach.io, Chorus.ai, and HubSpot
- A genuine passion for helping to improve education
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.
Why you should join Panorama Education
Panorama is working to radically improve education for all students. We currently serve 11,000 schools and 10 million students.
Panorama helps educators use data to support each student’s needs, and helps leaders build great schools. The platform helps build students' social-emotional skills and get more students prepared for college, their careers, and life.