Student Success Manager at Paragon One
About the role
Paragon One connects students to employers at scale through industry-relevant projects called Remote Externships, thereby making it easy for students to build professional experiences. For enterprise customers who need to scale and engage their early talent pipeline, Paragon One’s platform saves companies like Facebook and HP time and money while helping them increase brand engagement and achieve DE&I targets. Over the past year, Paragon One has served over 1,200 students through remote externships while growing quarterly revenue 230% YoY. Paragon One was founded by a team out of MIT, is remote-first with offices in NYC & Beijing, and backed by YCombinator, Foundation Capital, University Ventures, Learn Capital, and Jason Calacanis.
Learn more from a recent Yahoo! Finance TV clip: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6797983228197257216/
We are looking for a Student Success Manager with a passion for education and customer experience to provide world-class support to our students during their externship and implement tools, processes, ideas while helping scale the company to hundreds of thousands of students in the next 5 years.
Ideal candidates will have strong experience in customer success/customer experience (ideally at high-growth startups), great communication skills, and a constant desire to improve processes and better serve our customers.
We seek aspiring leaders who are passionate about solving extremely hard problems in the education-to-workforce movement.
- Achieve an 80%+ student completion rate
- Achieve a 90%+ CSAT score
- Reduce the customer response time while scaling the number of students served
- Provide customer support for students through our support platform
- Assist in the management of student cohorts using CRM and in-house management platform
- Assist with student onboarding calls for international students
- Manage offboarding, credential, and awards for students
- Manage teaching assistants and student feedback process
- Analyze data to propose improvements on the customer experience to achieve better student satisfaction while increasing efficiency
- Create/revise SOPs to help standardize critical customer success processes and tasks
- Use data to identify students with the most need of support and proactively outreach to help them
- Research customer success best practices and implement improvements.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree earned in the United States, Canada, or Europe
- 3+ years in customer support, customer success, or customer experience role in a high-growth startup environment.
- Track record of providing highly-rated customer service
- Experience using CRM or customer support software (such as Groove, Zendesk, etc)
- Bonus points if you have experience implementing customer success process improvements to increase customer satisfaction.
- Attention to details
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Collaborative; excellent team player
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and has the ability to manage changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Strong sense of ownership and roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Proactivity: Able to work independently and be a self-starter who takes initiative
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work and has a can-do attitude
https://www.forbes.com/sites/annaesakismith/2021/10/04/how-college-students-who-build-employability-can-win-the-race-to-land-internships/ https://www.paragonone.com/blog/thomas-heslop-pre-med-student-howard-university-venture-capital-remote-externship https://www.paragonone.com/blog/opportunity-network-remote-internships-summer-2020 https://education-reimagined.org/paragon-one/ https://www.paragonone.com/blog/facebook-partnered-with-a-startup-to-give-scores-of-diverse-students-remote-externships-this-summer-we-were-that-startup
Why you should join Paragon One
Paragon One makes it easy for students to build professional experience with Remote Externships -- industry relevant projects that scale between companies and students. Paragon One’s platform saves companies time and money while helping them increase brand engagement and achieve DE&I targets. Unlike traditional recruiting or workforce platforms, Paragon One is turnkey – we do the heavy lifting of engaging more student talent at the top of the funnel so companies can focus on building. In 2021, Paragon One is reaching thousands of students and hosting remote externships for Facebook, PwC, Pfizer, National Geographic, HP, Snapchat, Cloudflare, and The Nature Conservancy.
Paragon One is backed by Y Combinator, Foundation Capital, Learn Capital, and University Ventures.