Student Community Manager at Paragon One
About the role
Paragon One connects students to employers at scale through industry relevant projects called Remote Externships, thereby making it easy for students to build professional experiences. For enterprise customers who need to scale and engage their early talent pipeline, Paragon One’s platform saves companies like Facebook and HP time and money while helping them increase brand engagement and achieve DE&I targets. Over the past year, Paragon One has served over 1,200 students through remote externships while growing quarterly revenue 230% YoY. Paragon One was founded by a team out of MIT, is remote-first with offices in NYC & Beijing, and backed by YCombinator, Foundation Capital, University Ventures, Learn Capital, and Jason Calacanis.
Learn more from a recent Yahoo! Finance TV clip: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6797983228197257216/
We are looking for a strategic and entrepreneurially-minded Student Community Manager with a passion for building out relationships with students from a diverse set of student communities, student clubs, and student influencers.
Ideal candidates will have strong student networks and leadership experience.
We seek aspiring leaders who are passionate about solving extremely hard problems in the education-to-workforce movement.
- Build relationships with student leaders and influencers from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds
- Manager relationships with fraternities, sororities, and student clubs
- Spread the word about Paragon One remote externship opportunities within student networks
- Grow followings on Linkedin, Instagram, and Facebook accounts
- Build and grow TikTok social media presence
Skills and Experience
- Grit and perseverance to overcome challenges
- Recent graduate with experience as a student leader, ambassador, or influencer
- Marketing, blogging, social media, and/or PR work experience or internship experience
- Strong relationship development skills
- Strong network across student organizations and student communities
- Strong written communication skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Strong sense of ownership and roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- High attention to detail and organization skills
https://www.forbes.com/sites/annaesakismith/2021/10/04/how-college-students-who-build-employability-can-win-the-race-to-land-internships/ https://www.paragonone.com/blog/thomas-heslop-pre-med-student-howard-university-venture-capital-remote-externship https://www.paragonone.com/blog/opportunity-network-remote-internships-summer-2020 https://education-reimagined.org/paragon-one/ https://www.paragonone.com/blog/facebook-partnered-with-a-startup-to-give-scores-of-diverse-students-remote-externships-this-summer-we-were-that-startup
Why you should join Paragon One
Paragon One makes it easy for students to build professional experience with Remote Externships -- industry relevant projects that scale between companies and students. Paragon One’s platform saves companies time and money while helping them increase brand engagement and achieve DE&I targets. Unlike traditional recruiting or workforce platforms, Paragon One is turnkey – we do the heavy lifting of engaging more student talent at the top of the funnel so companies can focus on building. In 2021, Paragon One is reaching thousands of students and hosting remote externships for Facebook, PwC, Pfizer, National Geographic, HP, Snapchat, Cloudflare, and The Nature Conservancy.
Paragon One is backed by Y Combinator, Foundation Capital, Learn Capital, and University Ventures.