Admissions Sales Development Representative at Pathrise
About the role
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first.
Every day we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the jobs of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
We’re looking for a full time Sales Development Representative who will drive and build relationships with prospective fellows in the Pathrise admissions funnel. You’ll be responsible for working with our growth and admissions team to help increase sales funnel speed, conversion rates, and enrollment to the Pathrise program. This role is a perfect fit for a high energy individual with outstanding communication skills, and a passion for our mission.
The interview process for this position will be an introductory call with our recruiter followed by brief (30 min) written assignment and a final interview with our Admissions and Growth team.
- Reach out to leads in our admissions funnel to answer questions, excite them about the program, and expedite their application.
- Clearly communicate the value of Pathrise to leads and evaluate if they are a good fit.
- Provide support to Admissions Managers as needed.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the admissions team, growth marketing team, program management team, career mentors, C-suite, and external partners to optimize speed and candidate experience through the admissions process.
- Work closely with our Admissions and Growth team’s to support Pathrise’s impressive growth goals.
- Passionate about Pathrise’s mission (see our manifesto)
- 1+ years of experience in a related sales role
- Proven track record of working with various software systems including but not limited to: Salesforce, Pardot, Slack, GSuite, Asana, as well as the ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to balance creative and critical thinking to act quickly and efficiently
- Collaborative, dependable, and enthusiastic both internally and externally
- Exceptional time management and multitasking abilities while maintaining a customer-centric focus and meticulous attention to detail
- Excited about building relationships
- Competitive spirit
- Former experience or interest in admissions, mentorship, career development, operations, or education
- Former experience or knowledge of our six industry areas: software engineering, data science, product management, product design, sales, and marketing
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Base: $40,000 - $50,000 annually, commensurate with experience & location
- Commission: $10,000 OTE
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.
Why you should join Pathrise
Pathrise invests in a small number of ambitious university students or recent graduates by coaching them to get a competitive internship or job. The program is completely free upfront. In exchange, Pathrise fellows pay back a share of their first year's salary if and only if they get hired.
For additional context, please feel free to read about us in the news at: https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/09/pathrise-wants-to-be-the-y-combinator-for-tech-students/