Marketing Mentor (Part Time) at Pathrise
About the role
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first.
Every day we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the jobs of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, Pathrise has 3x YoY growth with an 98% placement rate and with expanding tracks in various industries. With over 1,000 fellows placed everywhere from Facebook to Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Uber and startups, we are looking to expand our team in our marketing track.
As a part time marketing mentor, you will be responsible for fellow success by helping them develop their technical interviewing skills through a variety of online sessions. You will work cross-functionally with our career and marketing mentors to provide up-to-date, relevant information to help our fellows not only pass interviews but gain confidence in their abilities!
- You are excited at the chance to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of digital marketers
- You have a good understanding of the current requirements of digital marketing interviewing standards and have interviewed many junior marketers or sat on hiring committees before
- You have at least 3 years of industry experience within digital marketing
Nice to Have
- Experience acquiring users in a growth related setting using digital channels including via paid marketing on Facebook, Google, display and other channels and via organic channels such as SEO
- Experience with CRO via marketing automation and landing page optimization
- Experience with teaching, career advising, and mentorship in an educational setting
- Flexibility to work more than 10+ hours per week when business needs warrant
- Prior start up experience
- Be a mentor to individuals who want to break into or accelerate their career in the marketing space
- Build relationships with awesome fellows and really make a difference to their careers and their lives!
- Flexible schedule and remote work
- Be a part of a fun and mission-driven organization!
Remote candidates in the US are welcome to apply.
Salary is $40-50 hourly and depends on experience and availability.
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.
Why you should join Pathrise
Pathrise invests in a small number of ambitious university students or recent graduates by coaching them to get a competitive internship or job. The program is completely free upfront. In exchange, Pathrise fellows pay back a share of their first year's salary if and only if they get hired.
For additional context, please feel free to read about us in the news at: https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/09/pathrise-wants-to-be-the-y-combinator-for-tech-students/