About the role
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first. Every day we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellows' chances of getting the jobs of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto: https://www.pathrise.com/manifesto
In this role, you’ll be working with a product team of 3-5 to build and iterate towards a higher quality and higher value platform that helps support our job seekers (Pathrise fellows) and our mentors. You’ll have the opportunity to shape our product team’s culture and strategy and impact thousands of job seekers in finding their next careers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You'll work with others to build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance.
- You'll help improve performance and reliability, or polish existing features.
- You'll build internal and external tools to support productivity for the whole team, as well as our fellows.
- You’ll design and architect complex new systems, focusing on crafting a beautiful user experience.
- You’ll work alongside a team with a diverse range of experiences and backgrounds.
- Minimum 2+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop full stack web applications and experience working with external APIs
- Ability to ramp up quickly and own features end-to-end
What We’re Looking For
- Put fellows first: You have an interest in or a passion for mentoring others. 10-20% of your time is spent mentoring fellows in the Pathrise program, as well as junior engineers on the Pathrise team.
- Be a founder: You’re able and willing to wear multiple hats. You are comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment. You have a bias for action. If you see a problem, you want to solve and fix it.
- Act with intention: You care about the business impact of what you're building, and you prioritize projects accordingly. You understand the balance between building cool features, speed, and the bottom line.
- Rise up together: You have experience working cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders to manage incidents and create positive change for the organization. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
Shoot us a message to be considered.
Why you should join Pathrise
Pathrise invests in a small number of ambitious university students or recent graduates by coaching them to get a competitive internship or job. The program is completely free upfront. In exchange, Pathrise fellows pay back a share of their first year's salary if and only if they get hired.
For additional context, please feel free to read about us in the news at: https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/09/pathrise-wants-to-be-the-y-combinator-for-tech-students/