Senior Software Engineer
About the role
We are looking for a top-notch senior developer to join us in our quest for making the web more distributed. As one of the first developers you will have an opportunity to highly influence and make big changes to our growing startup.
You will have end-to-end responsibilities: Design, implement, test and monitor crucial components of the infrastructure. Develop robust client-side distributed system and stable, scalable, back-end. (5M+ concurrent connections to Node.js server) Help designing and implementing real-world, real-time, p2p algorithms. Take part in the product roadmap with a very high impact on the company. Qualifications: Qualified candidate must be self-driven, team-oriented, fast learner and executor. Feels comfortable with new technologies and quickly grasp and familiarize with them. A system developer with the talent to build “library-grade” code that will be used by thousands of developers and companies.
- 5+ years in software development.
- BSc in computer science or equivalent.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Proficient in software back-end environments: node.js, Redis, Elastic Search
- Proven track record of delivering large amounts of high quality, complex code.
- Experience writing infrastructure and libraries.
Nice To Have:
- Startup experience (big plus).
- WebRTC experience.
- Experience in leading dev teams.
- Good familiarity with concepts of internet communication such as OSI layers. P2P communication and protocols.
- Open source development (active GitHub, StackOverflow)
Why you should join Peer5
P2P delivery network that enables high quality video streaming at massive scale.