Back End Engineer at Per Diem
About the role
The Per Diem engineering team is looking for an experienced back end engineer to join our team. Our engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Per Diem and our customers.
The Engineering Team is responsible for building, maintaining and monitoring the infrastructure upon which other teams build Per Diem's products. We must also evangelize for, and educate other teams about our infrastructure, and best practices for running their services on top of it.
This includes our storage systems, Kubernetes clusters, messaging queues, and other critical cloud based infrastructure components. As we’re operating at the most foundational levels of Per Diem, our team’s work has a cascading effect on the entire company.
- Experience working in AWS (or GCP) & Kubernetes environments
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Experience working with at least one backend programming language (e.g. Golang, Node.js, Python)
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Someone with value inclusivity, who is eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage and optimize Per Diem'sCloud Infrastructure provisioning systems
- Develop services in support of Per Diem Infrastructure Product Vision
- Operate core systems of Per Diem Infrastructure to ensure highest levels of reliability
- Work closely with other engineers to design, operate and scale their systems
- Evangelize best practices both internally and externally
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive approach
LIFE AT PER DIEM
- We’re a fully remote company, you can live on the moon as much as we care as long as you have an internet connection.
- We’re flexible, we're result-driven people you can have your own schedule as long as we can sync for 3-5 hours daily.
- We're meeting once a year and let you help us choose where.
- You'll have a daily meeting with the rest of the team including the executive team.
- You'll know exactly what's going on in the businesses. We're very transparent.
Why you should join Per Diem
Per Diem makes it easy for local businesses to sell subscriptions online, and we give them all the marketing and fulfillment tools they need to build their own Amazon Prime.