As a Founding Engineer, you'll work alongside the CTO and engineering team to develop the first construction permit application and management platform for builders. Our current team consists of engineers from Uber, Amazon, NerdWallet, OnDeck, Harvard, Stanford, and more. We are background and experience agnostic, and we encourage anyone to apply if they are passionate about joining a small team and working to solve a real-world pain point.
Who you are?
- Rockstar Engineer: A builder at heart who loves to write and ship code.
- Entrepreneur: You love to move fast and solve pervasive and challenging technical problems. Maybe you were a previous founder or early employee at a startup.
- User Driven: You empathize deeply with our users and the nuances of the construction space and permitting.
- Learner: You're innately curious and willing to build a deeper understanding of underlying problems.
- Leader: You're autonomous and self-driven. You have strong opinions, loosely held driven by a commitment to doing the right thing for our users.
- Team player: Highly communicative, kind, and committed to improving the team and others around you. We treat everyone with respect.
What you'll be doing?
- Working directly with the founders and users to define the product and engineering roadmap.
- Owning and shipping features from inception to implementation.
- Developing, iterating, and refining extensible and flexible workflow tooling for permitting.
- Build exceptional user experiences that allow users to easily apply, track, and manage their permitting.
- Mentoring engineers and others around you to build a culture of technical excellence.
Our tech stack:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Home office & equipment stipend
- Flexible working hours & unlimited PTO
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
PermitFlow is TurboTax for construction permitting. We are on a mission to streamline and simplify construction permitting in the United States, unlocking more value in the $1.6 trillion construction market. Our software reduces time to permit, supporting permitting end-to-end including permit research, application preparation, submission, and monitoring.
Our team consists of architects, structural engineers, permitting experts, and workflow software specialists, all of whom have personally experienced the pain of permitting. We are proud to be backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Y Combinator, Foundamental, and founders of leading ConTech companies such as PlanGrid and Mighty Buildings.
We are a remote first team and are offering highly competitive market rate salaries.