There's a big problem in the research industry. Qualitative research doesn't scale, and quantitative research doesn't work. Phonic is a tool that aims to merge this dichotomy into a more powerful, unified industry. We do this by building verbal interfaces at scale. Capturing opinions with voice and body language is the best way to scale qualitative research. Vocalized responses are 3x longer, 2x more descriptive, and vastly more authentic. Combining cutting-edge AI with improved ingestion & storage, Phonic users can capture insights that would otherwise take hundreds of hours to find.
Who We're After
As one of our first engineers you'll be expected to architect, implement, and own new product features from start to finish. You'll work directly with founders on roadmap and strategy, influence our direction through communicating with customers and gathering user feedback, and help us grow the team by interviewing and onboarding other future engineers.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience.
- Strong coding skills in Python/Java/C++/Scala or equivalent for high performant production quality code.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience with best practices such as A/B testing, continuous integration.
- Prior experience in machine learning is a plus.
- Strong data analytics skill is a plus.
- Empathetic & clear communicators.
- 3+ years software engineering experience.
- Those who enjoy being a generalist and are not tied down to a specific programming language or surface area of our codebase.
- Natural curiosity & willingness to take necessary steps to learn something they don’t have experience in.
- A great sense of accountability towards their fellow engineers.
- Those who uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design.
- Startup experience (Series A or earlier)
- Successful solo-ventures
- Regular open-source contributions
- Chess rating > 1700 on any major online platform
- Competitive salary
- Significant equity package
- Health and fitness benefits
- Optional fully remote