WHO WE ARE
We are PickTrace, an early-stage software start-up backed by YCombinator, that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today, we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and internationally, and our application is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
Our product and industry are ever changing, and we it is not uncommon for priorities or goals to shift quickly. We are building a world-class organization and we believe individuals with high mental horsepower to up-level all members of the team around them.
You could combine your passion for design with delivering solutions that directly impact our food supply chain? The agriculture industry is facing numerous challenges including low productivity and increasing costs, but is one of the least digitized industries in the world. At PickTrace we're working to solve these problems and deliver products our customers love. That is why we're looking for a Senior Product Designer to help build the farm management solution of the future, while contributing to the development of a world-class Design organization.
As a Senior Product Designer at PickTrace, you will help craft problem-focused solutions by owning the entire design lifecycle from holistic research to UX strategy and finally through visual design and customer validation.
This role will report directly to our Director of Product Design.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Conduct both in-person and online research activities aligned with the information we need, the problem we’re trying to solve and the outcome we’re looking for
- Collect and synthesize extracted and extrapolated information from all qualitative and quantitative sources
- Partner with the Director of Product Design to help define PickTrace’s research strategy and toolkit
- Pair with Product Managers, Quality Management and Implementation Managers to best understand our customers and their unique needs
- Align PickTrace’s business goals, technological considerations and user needs to develop UX strategies that deliver a clear and consistent vision for user experience across our product offerings
- Help develop a long-term plan to align every customer touchpoint with our vision for user experience; feature by feature and throughout our product offerings
- Model commercial and experiential outcomes resulting from realizing that vision
- Help develop and maintain a set of measurements and metrics that monitor the success of our strategic vision
- Help strengthen the team’s capabilities that build upon a design culture that continuously empowers ux strategy
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your design assumptions
- Continuously develop our design system and component library
- Maintain visual and brand consistency across all our digital platforms
- Buildout amazingly simple, clean and minimalistic UI for all platforms
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of experience of full-stack design.
- Strong portfolio illustrating experience designing mobile and desktop digital products is required.
- Ability to align overall business to design best practices, and influence strong design culture.
- Experience creating & managing design systems, style guides, and component libraries.
- Experience creating a collaborative design process that focuses on fast iterative design cycles.
- Deep knowledge of research methodologies.
WHAT TRAITS ARE IMPORTANT TO US
- Coachability - You are hungry for feedback on how to improve, embrace the feedback, and quickly implement it into your day-to-day operations.
- Curiosity - You have a thirst to seek more knowledge about both on a daily basis.
- Work Ethic - You have a unique ability to prioritize your workload and work efficiently through your focus areas in an effective manner.
- Preparation - You take pride in being detail oriented and well prepared for the work in front of you. The thought of taking on an initiative without a plan gives you reason to pause.
- Adaptability to Change - You are comfortable and flexible to switch your focus rapidly to align with the updated business initiatives.
- Intelligence - You consider yourself a strategic thinker, and push conversations forward with co-workers by offering unique perspectives.
- Passion - We are disrupting the lowest technology adopting vertical in the world with a best in breed enterprise SaaS workforce management platform and exude excitement about the market opportunity in front of us.
- Prior Success - You have a track record of over-achievement, and take pride in ensuring top-level results are achieved in your daily work.
- Competitiveness - You are motivated daily to be the best at what you do. When you are outperformed it pushes you harder to up-level your performance.
- Brevity - You have a unique ability to break down complex topics into concise and meaningful explanations.
If this seems like you, we'd love to meet you!