Senior Software Engineering (Full Stack) at PickTrace
About the role
WHO WE ARE
We are PickTrace, an early-stage software start-up that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are a YCombinator company that has raised $15M in Series A funding. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today, we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and internationally, and our application is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
Our product and industry are ever-changing, and it is not uncommon for priorities or goals to shift quickly. We are building a world-class organization, and we believe individuals with high mental horsepower can up-level all members of the team around them.
You could leverage your passion for technology to create solutions that will directly impact our food supply chain? The agriculture industry is facing numerous challenges including low productivity and increasing costs, but is one of the least digitized industries in the world. At PickTrace, we’re working to solve these problems and deliver products our customers love. That is why we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build the SaaS farm management solution of the future, while contributing to the development of a world-class Engineering organization.
This role will report directly to our CTO.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Become well-versed in the workflow and business needs of PickTrace customers in order to craft an elegant, high-performance user experience
- Help advocate for best practices for development processes and deployment
- Help build and maintain a collaborative culture that fosters collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement
- Work fullstack across the back end and front endWrite efficient, scalable, and easily testable APIs
- Write reusable frontend components
- Mentor other engineers
- Contribute to maintainable code by performing code reviews and writing tests
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have 4+ years of experience building web based software
- High level languages similar Go, Kotlin, C#, Python, Java
- Front end languages similar to HTML, CSS, Typescript, and React
- Experience with containerized apps (Docker) is a plus
- Cloud - experienced in setting up, architecting and deploying backend services
- You are an innovative, big picture thinker but ultra-proficient with technical details
- You have a knack for simplifying, breaking down, and honing in on the core elements of problems to drive towards iterative solutions
- You have strong communication skills and can work effectively with a cross-functional team (including with non-technical colleagues)
Why you should join PickTrace
PickTrace is a fast growing software company that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. Founded by brothers Austin and Harrison Steed, PickTrace is building the farm management system of the future.
PickTrace builds powerful software products that help agriculture companies thrive. Our workforce and harvest management software helps growers gain insight into their operations and improve their operational efficiency. Everything that we do is based on the conviction that we succeed when our customers build a more efficient, compliant, and profitable operation.