About the role
PicnicHealth is all about making medical records easy to access and using data to power the next frontier of medical research. We work directly with patients to give them the only tool anywhere that truly provides all of their medical records from any doctor or healthcare system in the US—in an easy-to-use, secure online dashboard. Not only that, but patients can choose to contribute their incredibly important data to scientific research, which helps researchers accelerate breakthroughs in care. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients, partnered with some of the world’s largest biopharma companies, and raised more than $35M from Felicis Ventures, Amplify Partners, Foresite Capital, Refactor Capital, and Y Combinator.
It's an exciting time to join the PicnicHealth team - we just announced our Series B raise and are growing quickly in revenue, partnerships, and people. We 3x'd our ARR two years in a row now and on track to continue this trend, building partnerships with over a dozen Life Sciences groups, including 3 of the top 6 Biopharma firms in the US. We’re going through a period of hyper-growth - we tripled the size of the team in the last 18 months and we’re looking to at least double over the next year. We have a collaborative and engaged team culture that is mission driven and excited about the technology we’re building and real solutions we’re offering patients.
PicnicHealth is made up of several React + Redux based web applications. As one of our first front-end engineers, you’ll take ownership over front-end engineering and on how it affects user experience. You’ll help improve application reliability and performance, while making sure we can continue to code and release quickly. You’ll help drive the product forward — always striving to simplify the user’s experience, coming up with new ways to visualize and interact with information, designing new features.
As one of our first front-end engineers, you would:
- Own the features and interfaces of PicnicHealth: design, build, deploy, iterate. You’re responsible for what you’re - building, and you have creative control over the direction you take
- Ship code to production frequently, often daily
- Run our front-end stack — React, Redux, CSS Modules, Webpack + Babel. Own the front-end development experience
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end modules and systems
- Prepare codebase for incorporation of iOS and Android apps on React Native
- Work with engineering, design, operations, and business teams to create new and compelling user-facing features
- Help continue to build a world-class Engineering team, by helping attract, interview, and onboard your future team members during this exciting time of growth.
You are a strong candidate if you have:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Shipped front-end code for 3+ years
- Fluency in the React/Redux ecosystem
- Experience and interest in frontend performance engineering
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys designing interfaces almost as much as building them
- Has worked with React Native
- Is excited by machine learning and its implications for user interfaces
- Has a driving desire to help fix healthcare
- Enjoys kicking ass and saving lives
Why join PicnicHealth? At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
You also get:
Competitive salary Comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision Flexible time off 401k plan Parental leave Free PicnicHealth account Equipment and internet funds while we're working remotely during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, currently all roles are remote until at least until July 2021. This role would be remote eligible even after the team returns to working from our beautiful office in the Mission District of San Francisco.
Why you should join PicnicHealth
PicnicHealth is all about making medical records easy to access and using data to power the next frontier of medical research. We work directly with patients to give them the only tool anywhere that truly provides all of their medical records from any doctor or healthcare system in the US—in an easy-to-use, secure online dashboard. Not only that, but patients can choose to contribute their incredibly important data to scientific research, which helps researchers accelerate breakthroughs in care. We’re currently 55 people based in the Mission District of SF, just raised our Series B, and continuing to grow!