About the role
Pilot (YC W17) is looking for an Account Executive to join our remote team. For this role, we are looking for someone available to work with our US-based clients. You’ll work directly with one of the founders at a rapidly growing company.
A bit about who we are
Pilot is a small distributed company working remotely from the US, Brazil and Poland. Our mission is to create a more open worldwide job market. Today we’re doing that by making it easy to hire and pay people abroad. We’re backed by Sam Altman, Credo Ventures, Y Combinator and some other great investors.
What you will be working on
We’re looking for an Account Executive to join our Revenue team. You will be responsible for managing a funnel of qualified leads from the first discovery call up to closing the deal.
- You’ll be talking to potential clients, educating them about potential solutions for international payroll, listening to their needs and advising on the best solution for their situation.
- You’ll qualify leads by getting context about their unique situation.
- You’ll be running discovery calls and product demos with people interested in using Pilot for their international payroll.
- You’ll own the post demo communication and close deals
- You’ll help our team hit our revenue targets.
- Amazing communication skills. We’re looking for someone who is great at holding people’s attention, knows how to pitch the product based on the pain points they discovered, and who is comfortable talking to prospects both on calls and through emails.
- Proficient in English. We work with US-based companies only so excellent English skills are a must.
- Prior experience at a high growth early-stage SaaS startup, with a proven track record of closing deals. You have to be comfortable guiding the customer from the first call, through learning about our platform up to closing the deal.
- Able to listen to and learn from customers and educate them about the solutions we provide in a non-intrusive way. * We’re big believers in helping and educating clients first. This sometimes means recommending they work with other companies, if we’re not the best solution for their problem.
- Being self-managed, independent and driven to achieve growth targets
- Available to work during usual working hours in PST time zone
We’d especially like to talk to you if
- You’ve had a chance to work in a distributed team with people from around the globe.
- You have experience working in a fast-growing startup.
- You have experience selling to HR departments.
- On-target earnings of $108k annually and up to 0.05% of equity
- Uncapped commissions
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world. We try to hold most of our team meetings between 7am–9am PST / 3pm–5pm BST / 11pm–1am JST to accommodate as many time zones as possible.
Why you should join Pilot
We are Pilot, a Y Combinator-backed startup after a successful seed funding round, with a small distributed team working remotely from Poland and San Francisco. Our mission is to create a more open worldwide job market. Today, we’re doing that by helping companies hire and pay remote international staff.