About Plate IQ:
Plate IQ is changing the way the hospitality industry manages their finances through life changing Accounts Payable automation. Our mission is to eliminate manual work from every aspect of business expenses and enable business operators to stay in control of their spending at all times.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to contribute to our new product efforts, help us take ideas to market, specifically in fintech and payments. Our stack uses Angular, TypeScript, Django, Postgres, and AWS. Expertise in Angular is a big plus, but proficiency with other Web Application Frameworks is a solid substitute. Planning, shipping, and learning are the most important traits we value.
- Discuss, plan, build and test new features.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers, and other stakeholders in defining the user experience.
- Develop integrations with 3rd party APIs.
- Triage and fix issues, often working directly with users.
- Review code in Pull Requests and make sure we're moving fast while maintaining Unit Tests and quality.
- Augment and enhance our Frontend component library and improve our development experience.
- Work on product features that affect tens of thousands of customers.
- 5+ years of professional experience working on web applications using modern software engineering processes.
- You think critically about your work and ask questions to improve the product, not only on its technical implementation but also on how well it’s serving the users' needs.
- You have built performant and scalable apps, made pragmatic tradeoffs, and can point to your prior work.
- You have strong communication skills and can present technical topics to the entire team clearly and concisely.
- When things inevitably break, you eagerly jump in to diagnose and fix the core issues.
- Experience working in an early-stage startup is a huge plus.
- Prior experience in Payments is another huge plus.
Nice to haves:
- Product sense
- Debugging complex performance issues