Senior Software Engineer at PocketSuite
About the role
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a full stack software engineer with low-key intensity who is a generalist, curious, self-sufficient, hungry for impact, laser-focused on delivering business impact, obsessed over the details, and someone who takes the initiative by generally jumping in and doing whatever it takes to make the company, the team, and our customers a success. Your initial role will be as an individual contributor lead engineer reporting to the CTO.
What will you be doing?
- Everything from backend (messaging, scheduling, payments) to frontend (ios, android, react) to infrastructure (scaling, performance optimization, test & deployment automation).
- You will join the product team executing on a roadmap to delight customers, drive conversion, increase retention and grow user engagement.
Are there any requirements?
- Masters or Bachelors degree in CS or equivalent.
- You more than likely have at least 6 years of work experience.
- You have demonstrable success as a customer champion solving customer issues, impacting the business.
- Deep expertise in at least four (4) of the following: iOS, Android, Python, React, SQL, Payments, Test & deployment automation, Text message & email deliverability.
- Bonus points if any of the following are true: you’ve launched a product with paying users; you were a key contributor at Venmo, Shopify, Eventbrite, Square (or similar); you’re the key developer behind a popular open source project.
Who we are?
- Our rule of 5: own your own code, don’t over-engineer, focus on the 90%, eliminate meaningless work, do the right thing.
- We are engineers and product focused - we push major releases monthly & smaller updates every week. We manage to our north star metric (# Pros booked & paid monthly) and the product team drives many of the growth initiatives.
- We are customer champions - solving their problems and helping them grow and succeed in a rapidly changing market. Oh yeah we also love their 5 star reviews and referrals (which drive a lot of our new signups).
- We see the status quo changing - desktop solutions and siloed apps are so last year and we believe everyone in the industries we're going after will be using our mobile app as their business operating system by the year 2025.
- We believe three things drive our success: building a great product, delivering a 5-star customer experience, and recruiting a talented team with a 24/7 obsession with independent businesses, financial services technology, sustainable growth, and apps that solve “real world” problems.
Why you should join PocketSuite
Hi! We're PocketSuite!
PocketSuite is a YC-backed mobile platform for service businesses, ranging from fitness trainers, photographers, and home cleaners to dog trainers, hairstylists, therapists, and life coaches. Businesses use PocketSuite to get booked, paid, and message their clients. We make the work of running your own business simple for solo operators and small teams. PocketSuite empowers the U.S. market of 20 million service professionals generating $800 billion in sales with a mobile cloud solution for running their business. Thousands of businesses run on PocketSuite. Over 500,000 clients book and pay their Pros on PocketSuite today and we're growing fast.
PocketSuite lets any small business owner run their business entirely over text. We also have a desktop solution for businesses. On average our customers are paid by their clients in under 24 hours, grow income by 30% within a few months of joining PocketSuite, and spend fewer hours per day on scheduling and payment collection after switching to PocketSuite. From calendar sync to appointment confirmation to contract e-signatures to text message auto-reminders, PocketSuite is both easy to use and eliminates meaningless work so independent professionals can do more of what they love. If you can send text messages, you can use PocketSuite.
Our Values ⚖️
- Engineers and product obsessed - we loathe over-engineering, we cringe anytime a customer reports a bug and we release new versions every 2 weeks.
- We love our customers - solving their problems and helping them grow and succeed in a rapidly changing world. Oh yeah, we also love their 5 star reviews.
- We love disrupting the status quo - we believe everyone globally in the industries we're going after will be using a mobile app as their primary business tool by 2021.
- We understand that it is critical to measure what matters. So we don't take victory laps nor do we pause to take a break unless the scoreboard reflects that we are #winning as it relates to our customer delight and growth goals.
- We don't just think of this as a job. In our spare time, this is what we do and who we are. Our obsession with small business, fin tech, smart growth, and cool apps is a 24/7 thing.
- We believe only three things matter as we build out our business: building a great product, delivering awesome customer service, and a killer instinct for activating and engaging new users.