Engineering Manager at Point
About the role
Point is a technology and design company that transforms everyday spending into a delightful and rewarding experience. We’re re-thinking the payment experience with an emphasis on transparency, delight, and personalization.
With the best benefits of both debit and credit, Point Card earns you points on every purchase redeemable for instant cash-back. Point App works side by side with Point Card to create an elegant, easy-to-use experience.
Backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator, we’re well-funded and ready to make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our specialized team. We have the vision and resources, but need your talent and skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- Coach and support the career growth of Engineers reporting to you, and partner with cross-functional team members.
- Manage the core product engineering team day to day (standups, 1:1s, remove blockers, etc) and create feedback loops.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Senior Leadership on crucial technical decisions.
- Determine and maintain best practices for engineering development processes.
- Contribute to engineering hiring process by participating and helping drive engineering interviews.
- Scope out engineering tasks with the Engineering and Product teams.
- 3+ years of engineering leadership experience.
- Previous experience managing development teams of 3-8 people that have shipped successful products
- 2 to 3 years of IC engineering experience and a demonstrated ability to write code
Bonus Points (no pun intended)
- Experience or strong interest in the fin-tech space
- Node experience
- GraphQL experience
- Join a fast-growing brand that is building thoughtful spending products.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points.
- Monthly stipends on your Point Card to use for lunch, commuting, and other essentials.
Why you should join Point
Point is bringing the rewards and benefits of elite credit cards to your everyday debit card.