Why you should join PolicyFly
PolicyFly enables Insurers to sell and manage specialty insurance.
Insurance? 😴🛌🪦 — Wait, keep reading!
- Here is why we are fired up — it’s a massive industry (5%+ of US GDP) with HUGE challenges and the tech being applied is 30+ years past its expiration date.
- Insurance is fairly recession-proof – in fact when economic conditions or turmoil occurs, is precisely when people wish they had insurance.
- At its core, insurance is the vehicle that minimizes suffering and maximizes economic growth. Unfortunately, for many that require specialty insurance to protect their livelihood, it’s difficult to get.
- For example, how does someone protect their house that is being impacted by climate change? Or, how can a company protect their goods along the supply chain, allowing them to expand? This is specialty insurance — where complex or higher risks are placed.
- It can take 30-60 days to get coverage, without price transparency but with PolicyFly, an agent can place coverage on the same day.
- Our product provides immediate DEEP value for our customers, the insurers — enabling them to automate back office ops while providing a storefront for their agents.
- We’re processing a ton of data and money every day. Fun stat: we are already processing $2B in insured value every month.
🤗🐼 Why PolicyFly?
- We are a Fintech SaaS with a transaction fee business model that scales up with our customer growth.
- One of the best times to join in terms of risk/reward (post-PMF while still being pre-series A).
- 3 Founders that have been working together for 15+ years in a variety of software businesses and we are even more fired up now! This means you’re joining a mature founding team that knows how to work together. We are here to change insurance and won’t tap out early.
- The surface area of insurance is massive — tons of opportunity to take ownership and lead various products.
- A big long-term vision for building network effects.
- We are a distributed remote team with team members in CA, NY, NJ, VA, AZ, Canada, and the UK.
- Properly funded to weather the storms ahead and grow the team and product the right way.
- Quarterly retreats/on-sites — our last trip was in London.
- Great benefits — full health, dental, vision, 401k matching, HSA, etc.
🚀 What are we building?
- Document processing pipelines and rendering engines.
- Low-code tooling to allow end-users to rapidly build their own insurance products and rules.
- Complex calculation engines that can handle various pricing scenarios.
- “Google Sheets” like GUI for managing complex lists of covered items (aka schedules).
- Data pipelines to enable third-party integrations and robust reporting.
- Etc, etc.
👂What we are looking for
- Sense of humor — just because insurance seems boring, doesn’t mean we are or it is!
- Solutions-oriented — you are bold and imaginative, ready to suggest new ideas.
- Love learning — no matter your role, you will grow here. But you’ll grow 10x if you love to learn.
- Communication — as a remote company, we live and die by communication.
- Preparedness — preparation inspires confidence, and confidence earns respect.