Content Marketing Manager
About the role
Tydo helps D2C Brands grow with automated analytics and insights.
How much money did I make on an order? What does profitability look like?
You would think this a straight forward and rudimentary question to answer for any D2C brand but you would be shocked many companies can’t answer this. Analytics for eCommerce are broken and brands struggle to fully utilize their data.
Tydo is building a non-technical no-code platform that combines all of their data sources to offer Brands pre-built dashboards and reports within 48 hours. Fast-growing DTC brands are using Tydo to track KPIs, automate cohort reporting, and increase AOV with our segment builder for Facebook and email campaigns.
Tydo’ current target customer is Shopify Brands that are doing $1-50 million in sales (sometimes only 2 people!). They are Brand builders, marketing gurus and product geniuses, not data or finance experts. Nor do they have the budget to hire a data engineering or analyst team. Leveraging our founders' background in finance (Goldman Sachs), fin-tech (Intuit & Clarity Money), eCommerce and machine learning (Intuit & Thanx) we plan to democratize access to powerful analytics that can make or break a business.
We like to move fast and work with Brands that are hustling even faster. Shopify set Black Friday records with $5 Billion + in sales in 24 hours and we’re targeting the fastest growing segment of Shopify merchants: mid-market stores generating $1-50 million in sales. These Brands have a long way to grow as eCommerce only accounts for 11% of the total sales volume (~1.36 Trillion) and eCommerce sales are expected to double in the next 5 years alone.
About the Role:
As the Head of Customer Success + Community you will be central to Tydo’s success, by assisting customers through challenges, providing insights to the product team on the needs of the customer, and building an interconnected group of DTC founders and operators who aim to improve their business. In this role, you will have an incredible opportunity to help DTC businesses thrive through the power of data and informed decision making. As a representative of Tydo, you will be the customer’s partner to utilize the product to achieve their goals.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Conceive, research, write, and produce various types of content for Tydo’s website, landing pages, blog, emails, social channels, emerging platforms and paid advertising.
- Collaborate with Product, Partnerships, Sales, Customer Experience and Design to develop a deep, data-driven understanding of the customer mindset, brand voice and behaviors in order to provide an exceptional user journey at every touchpoint, including educational and product content.
- Research and understand emerging topics at the intersection of e-commerce, data and tech, so that Tydo is maintaining a deep and valuable understanding of the ever-changing DTC landscape and infusing that into it’s communications.
- Take an analytical approach to content, getting excited about what performs best and how that can be infused into other marketing materials.
- Manage the content creation process, working closely with designers in Figma, utilizing content management systems, briefing and managing freelance content contributors at times, leading SEO teams and coordinating with our email marketing agency.
- Monitor content performance and report results to key team members.
- Contribute to innovating and pushing the needle into new content territories we may produce including newsletters, videos, audio content, podcasts, and more.
- Manage the social content marketing calendar and posting across active channels.
Our ideal fit:
- You are passionate about the DTC/E-commerce, Analytics and SaaS
- You have 3+ years of writing experience in any of the following industries: DTC, emerging technologies, analytics, product marketing, business or SaaS (if you don’t have experience all of these, we’d still want to hear from you)
- You like the idea of taking a consumer-focused approach to B2B content and you are active and/or up to date on emerging platforms where the DTC operator is active: Twitter, Slack, Clubhouse, Instagram, Tik Tok and more.
- You’re a strong analytical thinker that understands there can be a thrilling story found within data and you are excited with the prospect of communicating these stories to sophisticated audiences.
- You understand that adding value to the customer is more important than ranking high in SEO but that is important too. You have knowledge of SEO best practices.
- You have experience working with CMS tools and Figma. If not, you are willing to learn and take that approach to other tools you might not be familiar with.
- You have the ability to get up to speed on a new topic very quickly and you have a deep curiosity and drive to master new subject areas in order to produce work that resonates authentically with the customer.
- You have a profoundly collaborative mindset and approach to work. You recognize that, especially as we continue to define our team structure, roles are somewhat fluid. You are willing to pitch in outside of your direct job description and become an expert in new areas.
- A true self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing your own priorities and adapting where challenges and opportunities are commonplace. You are enthusiastic about remote work.
Why you should join Tydo
Tydo helps e-commerce Brands optimize their business. We provide visibility into their unit economics, marketing channels and customer retention, allowing Brands to identify their best customers and measure campaign effectiveness.
At Tydo, you’ll get the benefits of working directly in the consumer product world while also tackling exciting data viz and engineering problems. We see learning and collaboration as the best parts of our day and believe spending 10% of your time making the other 90% of your life easier as a good bet. We are meeting-lite, lean, and hungry. That being said, we drop things as soon as we can to help each other out. We enjoy working with each other and are keen on solving grisly eCommerce and logistics problems.