Pop Meals (formerly known as dahmakan) is one of the fastest-growing food tech startups in Southeast Asia. We make food delivery an everyday choice by delivering chef-made meals below restaurant prices at the push of a button. Funded by Y Combinator and leading tech investors from Silicon Valley, Europe, and Asia, we’re conquering a trillion-dollar market in the most exciting region of the world.
We are searching for a Chief Cost Controller to assume ownership of the company's overall finances and accounting. You will lead the company to profitability and ensure great financial decision making for the management and board of directors. As our Chief Cost Controller you will collaborate with our executive team to advise on all financial matters to help scale the company effectively and responsibly.
- Take full ownership of the financial performance of the company, especially on the cost side. Scrutinizes all costs and fully takes hands-on responsibility of the execution of cost reductions.
+Ensure the company fulfills all legal, tax and auditing requirements by government bodies, banks and investors. Ensures best practices for internal controls and financial and legal risk mitigation.
- Provides full transparency on the financial performance of the company to the management incl. rolling forecasting and scenario planning. Ensures best practices for day to day finance operations as well as internal and external reporting including a.o. weekly KPIs, financial statements and management accounts (consolidated and per country).
- Build and manage a team of A players
- Experienced in a leading role in a finance/accounting function (e.g. CFO, VP or Head Of )
- Have an extremely good understanding of our industry (F&B chains, food startups, delivery) and landscape of business models
- Excellent organizational skills & readiness to get hands dirty to get things done independently with limited support & guidance
- Highly analytical and structured approach to solving new challenges
- Financial modelling wizard with great attention to detail
- Have a deep understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles
- Very ambitious and hard worker who performs in a fast paced environment
- Experienced team leader with great communication skills
- Qualifications (FAP, CPA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus
- Programming languages (Java, JS/Google Scripts, SQL or Python) is a plus
That’s why you need to join our team:
- Work with the smartest and most passionate team from over 15 nationalities
- Rare opportunity to be a part of a brand that everyone around you loves, in one of the most exciting and fastest-growing regions in the world
- All the perks that come with working in a startup including free lunch and dinner made by our in-house 5-star chefs. Of course, we cover work permits and pay competitively