Full Stack Engineer at PopSQL
About the role
What you'll do
- Have a huge impact on which products and features we build
- Define our technical architecture, processes, stack, and culture
- Own engineering and product goals end-to-end
- Work directly with customers to learn their needs
- High sense of ownership to independently make good decisions for users and the business
- A desire to be part of an early stage startup and wear multiple hats
- Curious about data
- Have an attention to detail and quality, but know how to balance that with speed given we're a startup
- A sense of humor (startups should be fun) as well as gravitas (startups are serious; money and livelihoods are on the line)
Challenges we face
- User experience: we want to build a delightful experience and beautiful interface for our users. How can we build powerful features that help people get to insights fast, and make it fun to use?
- Scalability: our users query and analyze large datasets in PopSQL, so our frontend and backend systems need to be performant and reliable to support these workflows.
- Team agility: as an early-stage startup, our objective is to balance product quality with speed within a rapid feedback loop with customers; not an easy feat!
- Apollo to fetch data from our GraphQL API
- Storybook component library
- Electron to power our cross platform desktop application
- Next.js to build server side rendered static sites
- Tailwind CSS
- Rails hosted on AWS ECS
- GraphQL API
- PostgreSQL for our primary data store, Redis and Memcached for caching
- Terraform for infrastructure as code
- We love to weave testing, analytics, logging, monitoring, and alerting into our projects
- Continuous integration/delivery
- GitHub pull requests/code reviews
- Quick daily synchronous product meetings to demo progress and get rapid feedback from your peers
Why you should join PopSQL
Every company wants to use data to make informed decisions, and SQL is the lingua franca for data. However, data collaboration is broken. People are rewriting each other's queries, switching apps to visualize their data, and copying/pasting SQL into Slack.
PopSQL solves this by creating a beautiful, fun way to write SQL, visualize data, and share results. The product is loved by data teams from over 2000 companies including DoorDash, Shipt, Redfin, and Optimizely. What we've built so far is just the beginning. Join us and build a great product, a great culture, and a great company 🚀