What is the Role?
- Be a key contributor to a highly technical team, where you will own the development of product features end-to-end that chemists will actually use.
- Collaborate with drug discovery teams to understand how the tools you develop can best help more quickly get cures to patients.
- Write code and algorithms that provide novel scientific insights to chemists working in drug discovery.
What skills should you have?
- Expertise in python and preferably some experience with a high-performance programming language like C++ or Rust.
- Web development experience, or at minimum, experience developing scientific applications which include a GUI component.
- Degree in a scientific field, preferably with some relation to chemistry.
- Desire to immerse yourself in the field of drug discovery.
- Experience working across the web development stack, including infrastructure tooling like AWS, terraform, Docker, etc.
- Familiarity with computational chemistry / chemoinformatics tools and software
- Master's degree or above in chemistry
PostEra offers medicinal chemistry powered by machine learning
PostEra is using machine learning, applied to medicinal chemistry, in order to expedite the discovery of new drugs and get new cures to patients faster.
What are we working on?
The answer is many things but here's our top priorities right now:
- Partnerships: We partner with drug hunters and help them get cures to patients faster. We're currently collaborating with Pfizer and several small biotechs, using all of PostEra's ML-powered software to help their drug discovery.
- Manifold: The first-of-its-kind SaaS platform for scientists to get molecules made.
- COVID Moonshot: PostEra is helping lead the world's largest open-source drug discovery effort. Moonshot is an international team of scientists working on an antiviral cure for COVID and in 1 year we've gone from ideas on a website to potent compounds which should soon be ready for human trials.