PostEra is building a modern biopharma, using machine learning to accelerate medicinal chemistry, to develop cures for diseases, faster. We've raised $26M from top investors, secured a $68M NIH partnership to prevent pandemics, and established a $260M partnership with Pfizer. We also launched and help lead the world's largest open-science initiative to find a COVID antiviral; COVID Moonshot.
About the role
- PostEra’s product and engineering team is looking for experienced frontend engineers to join us in building the next generation of drug discovery software. We have a talented group of backend and full-stack engineers, and are looking for innovative frontend engineers to help us define and crystalize our vision.
- This role offers a unique career opportunity to work at the intersection of cutting-edge software, AI technology, and the world of drug discovery. You will be building tools alongside PostEra internal chemists, as well as chemists external to PostEra.
- You’ll get the opportunity to work on exciting projects ranging from node graph editors to feature-rich data visualization interfaces. There is no shortage here of interesting, challenging user interfaces to build out!
- Be involved in the design and planning process of new features and feature revamps, to aid in understanding of requirements and timelines for implementation
- Write unit tests and integration tests to ensure stability of products and prevent regression of functionality
Desired skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years work experience building user interfaces and web applications (in frontend or full stack roles)
- Experience working in a continuous-deployment software development environment (i.e. experience with feature flags, trunk-based deployment, and CI testing), and a passion for automated testing
- Experience building, delivering, and maintaining new feature interfaces from the bottom-up
- Passion for frontend development with a desire to build strong relationships with backend engineers, and uniquely at PostEra: Chemists — the users of our tools
- Experience in web application design, or UI/UX
- Experience building scientific applications
- Experience (directly or worked closely with a team using these tools) across our tech-stack: AWS/terraform, Postgres, Rust, Python/Django, TypeScript/React