Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class go-to-market (GTM) organization.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer at Postscript, you will utilize your strong product engineering skills to develop and manage our backend applications and systems. Our backend stack is a Python (Flask) API with a PostgreSQL database hosted on AWS. Senior Backend Engineers at Postscript are key members of the team that directly impact the team as an individual contributor and also through critical leadership, mentorship, and decision-making activities. As a Senior engineer you will guide your team in weighing trade-offs of technical constraints and business priorities to consistently deliver customer value.
Your passion for building great products, especially in early-stage companies, will lead you to have a meaningful and positive impact on both the product and the company. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help expand the engineering team and build out architecture and processes as we scale. We are massively scaling and growing our Engineering Team in 2021, and this is one of many positions available. All positions at Postscript are fully remote.
- Architect, build and maintain REST APIs to build features in our product suite
- Work closely with other engineers and the design and product teams to deliver a beautiful, world-class product
- Take ownership and get creative with your solutions
- Manage AWS services as needed
- Maintain and optimize our databases as needed
- Improve our internal development processes to minimize errors and improve team efficiency
- Lead group sessions to actively ensure your team is guided by product-focused architecture and implementation to achieve our goals
- Understand how to weigh trade-offs of customer value, technical constraints, and business priorities. Guide your team to make optimal technical and product design decisions to get work done.
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, standards, and learning opportunities
- A proven career as a software engineer developing backend applications and APIs, hands-on experience using
- Python preferred (Flask and SQLAlchemy a plus). SaaS experience preferred
- Familiarity with building applications on AWS services (Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, and others)
- Expert-level skills in relational databases, SQL, and experience with database modeling (PostgreSQL a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, translating complex technical requirements into easy to follow direction and documentation
- Experience in high growth, early stage tech preferred
- Experience coaching, mentoring and onboarding junior engineers
What we’ll love about you
- Experience building or directly contributing to a great product
- 80/20 - regularly achieves 80% of the value with 20% of the work
- Passion for early stage companies and the opportunity to be responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing code base
- Experience establishing best practices in development processes
- Great communicator and love helping others
- Empathy for users
- Strong attention to detail
- Remote work experience is a plus
What you'll love about us
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend