Director of Growth Marketing
About the role
PowerX is on a mission to save people money and drastically reduce carbon emissions.
We're a climate-tech startup that has developed a series of innovative, non-invasive sensors and cutting-edge software that gives homeowners and property managers real-time, actionable data to reduce their electricity and gas usage, water consumption, and carbon emissions (a money-printing machine for homes).
But wait, there’s more! Our sensors can convert water heaters into thermal batteries, creating the world’s largest distributed battery network. Adding resilience to power grids and building capacity for renewable energy. PowerX recently closed an oversubscribed Seed round and is backed by some of the world's most respected venture funds and angels including Y Combinator, Sequoia Scouts, Antler, and senior executives from Tesla, SpaceX, and Hyperloop!
We help put more money in people's pockets, and less carbon in the air.
Job Description: PowerX is looking for an experienced and energetic growth marketer to lead and build our marketing team. This role is laser-focused on customer acquisition and growth. Our ideal candidate has significant eCommerce experience, specifically in the DTC space and a passion to mitigate the impact of climate change.
What you'll be doing:
- Build PowerX's marketing and customer acquisition strategy and operation
- Work with the executive team to establish KPIs and marketing goals
- Own and manage all creative development and branding
- Develop best-in-class social and media campaigns
- Manage external agencies
Who we're looking for:
- Solid track record of building successful marketing and customer acquisition channels
- 5-7 years of experience preferably in the eCommerce and DTC space
- Fluent in multichannel digital advertising (Facebook, Google, Display)
- Design background a plus
- Self-starter who can get up to speed quickly and hit the ground running
- Entrepreneurial, willing to try new things to get the deal done
- Wants to be involved with an early-stage startup, wants to contribute to the culture, and be part of the team
- Interest in sustainability and a passion for making the world greener a plus!
- Comfort with working with remote teams in different time zones and countries
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple levels within the organization.
PowerX is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Compensation and Benefits Package offered to employees:
- Competitive salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits including health, vision, dental, and more
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate remote work
Why you should join PowerX
The mission of PowerX is to combat climate change.
PowerX uses revolutionary, patented hardware and artificial intelligence to save up to 50% of water, water heating and electricity cost for home owners and businesses. This amounts to Gigatons of CO2 not emitted!
There is no other energy solution that can offer a similar combination of energy insight, AI selected savings and price.