VP of Sales at Prelay
About the role
With a distributed world and the removal of in-person interactions, there's now an extra layer of visibility needed in projects for teammate assistance, coordination and overall collaboration. Unfortunately, with multiple deliverables falling through the cracks, this is quite noticeable for revenue-driving teams managing multi-million dollar deals. Prelay is disrupting the way teams work together to drive revenue. Teams, individuals involved in both software evaluations and implementations work together within Prelay to move large revenue opportunities forward. We're at an exciting time in our company's journey and looking for people who want to navigate the market with our team.
We're backed by investors including top-tier funds like Y Combinator, SV Angel, and Liquid2 Ventures, as well as executives from Box, Dropbox, Palantir, SAP, and Microsoft. Our team is made up of passionate, motivated, curious individuals coming from innovative companies like Google, LinkedIn, Nextdoor and Heap.
As a critical member of our executive team, you will create and maintain a world-class sales team for the rapidly expanding organization. You will strategize, develop and implement systematic hiring, sales program development, training and coaching, and sales tools to ensure the highest quality of service to customers and consistent growth in sales.
Who are you?
- A hands-on sales leader who enjoys practicing the craft of sales while building and maintaining operational excellence
- A field executor, coach and counselor who believes the “Truth is in the Field”
- An inspirational leader to your team and your teammates at Prelay
- A talent magnet who attracts “A Players”
What you’ll do
- Define sales goals with the leadership team and implement processes, infrastructure, and hiring to execute against goals and quotas
- Roll-up sleeves and get involved in day-to-day deals, outreach
- Hire, lead and mentor a team of Sales Development Reps and Account Executives
- Understand and internalize the Prelay mission and vision and translate them into a Sales strategy
- Motivate Individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching and mentorship
- Create strategies and develop materials necessary to accelerate customer acquisition
- Support the sales process of the company as well as the design and execution of the Company’s business roadmap
- Build a strong cross-functional operating cadence with teams around pipeline, forecasting, deal review, execution, deployment and revenue realization
- Drive strategies to expand the company’s community building, customer acquisition, and customer retention efforts
- Develop sales training programs and update and expand existing resources and documentation for customers and employees
- Play an active role in sales strategy and business planning, and help to identify and develop new opportunities
- Outline and manage sales budgets and draft sale reports
As the first VP of Sales hire, we’re looking for people who are eager to exceed these expectations:
- Deep knowledge of Sales Tech market
- 8+ years of enterprise and B2B sales
- 5+ years experience managing, hiring, and training Account Executives
- Prior experience of working on VP or Director level
- Experience with building, managing, and guiding Sales teams towards set goals
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute both short-term and long-term sales plans
- Strong planning, writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Growth mindset with the ability to learn, adapt and improve constantly
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to excel in a team-oriented atmosphere
- Collaborative and able to work in ambiguous situations normal in a growing environment
Why you should join Prelay
Prelay is enhancing the way teams work together to drive revenue and creating an all-new category of software in the process. Most revenue teams have difficulty getting the right team members and internal stakeholders involved in a deal at the right time which creates a waste of resources and lost revenue. Our team selling software enables sales teams and their internal stakeholders to work together effectively so they can drive more revenue faster as a team. Leaders alike gather value from Prelay through the robust process & team insights the platform generates.
We're backed by investors including top-tier funds like Y Combinator, SV Angel, and Liquid2 Ventures, as well as executives from Box, Dropbox, Palantir, SAP, and Microsoft. Our team is made up of passionate, motivated, curious individuals coming from innovative companies like Google, LinkedIn, Outreach, Nextdoor and Heap.