Infrastructure, Software Engineer at Prelim
About the role
Build the infrastructure that powers better access to banking
Prelim is how banks onboard their customers for business checking accounts, personal loans, etc online. Join us as we increase access to banking and financial services, helping banks and financial institutions provide a better, more modern experience. Banks and financial institutions trust us to help them better serve their customers, and protect their customers information. That is why world class infrastructure is considered the bare minimum needed to support our customers.
You would be joining as the first infrastructure software engineer, and help lead and build this team from the ground up. Our product is currently on AWS, and you'd be helping to make sure that we scale to meet the needs of our customers.
We're looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer, with a preference for someone who has previously worked in a high growth environment.
- Build, design, develop, deploy, and test our infrastructure
- Triage issues in the production infrastructure
- Work with the team to support the product, focusing on the infrastructure architecture and implementation.
- Help keep the product secure by building, maintaining and understanding security features.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- 3-5 years experience in a software developer/ infrastructure role.
- Hands-on experience designing and building large scale distributed systems
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Are self-aware, have a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and are empathetic.
Why you should join Prelim
Prelim is simplifying the go-to-market digital originations process for banks, helping banks help people.
Banks spend billions of dollars on one-size fits all solutions to originate their products. When banks want to do something as simple as change copy, or add a new set of questions, banks are forced to either pay per hour, seek out a new vendor, or build it themselves.
This makes banks inflexible to respond to changing market needs, sometimes forcing banks to post a pdf on their website just to get something live. This occurred at some of the largest banks in the United States when trying to roll out the Paycheck Protection Program.
Our templates, drag and drop integrations, and no-code form builder allow banks to quickly deploy in days, not years, with significantly lower costs and higher quality.