Full-stack Engineer at Probably Genetic
About the role
As the newest full-stack developer at Probably Genetic, you’ll be given full ownership of the end-to-end development of new features across our products including our Symptom Checker, Analytics Dashboard, and Genetic Sequencing Pipeline. You’ll have the opportunity to work across all sections of the stack: backend, frontend, devOps, UX design, infra, and ML engineering.
The ideal candidate
- Experience building web products, ideally across the stack
- Clean simple code, even when solving complex problems
- Strong sense of UX
- Good systems design
- Ability to learn new tech quickly
- Backend: Python 3, Django, GraphQL, Celery, PostgreSQL, AWS
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, NextJS
- Improving our Symptom Checker to help us better predict what disease an undiagnosed patient has.
- Conceptualizing and implementing a referral system to automate our outreach campaigns.
- Setting up new lab integrations so that we can offer new diagnostic tests (for free!) and detect different rare diseases.
Why you should join Probably Genetic
Probably Genetic provides rare disease patients with free genetic testing, helping patients access diagnoses, clinical trials, and treatments earlier in their medical journeys. We identify undiagnosed patients online using our proprietary machine learning platform and test them for free with our at-home genetic testing service. Backed by Y Combinator and Khosla Ventures, Probably Genetic works with publicly traded biotech companies and patient foundations onn a mission to help the 200 million rare disease patients worldwide get tested. Our team consists of PhDs and Rhodes Scholars from Oxford, Cambridge, and Yale, specializing in genetics and artificial intelligence. Learn more at https://www.probablygenetic.com/sponsored-programs.